In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Customs Clerks x 5
Duties and Responsibilities
· Classifying tariffs & advising Supervisor the appropriate duties
· Liaising with Supervisor on any queries pertaining to the documents as and when necessary, loading authority
· After quoting, request for Duty payment from client and once paid, authorization is given to Transporter to load cargo.
· Receiving & recording documents from drivers, transporters, agents and Harare Operations Admin. Records are all done in the incoming Register.
· Keeping records of outstanding files in the outstanding files register.
· Compiling monthly report of process, outstanding and opened files.
· Upon receipt of documents & clearing instructions from Supervisor and proceed with Tariff classification.
· Capturing data and registering Bills of Entry.
· After confirmation of correctness for submission into customs
· Splitting and attaching documents for submission into customs
· Handing over complete sets of documents to Supervisor.
· Mating of original documents with file documents within 24 hours after release
· Entering details of documents on mail list memo.
· Filing all acquitted complete files
· Archiving files as soon as cabinets are full
· Communicating with stakeholders for update on release of trucks
· Attending to all ZIMRA queries
· Providing Accounts Department with ZIMRA statements
· Liaising with ZIMRA on ASYCUDA status as and when necessary
· Ensuring original customs cleared documents are in Harare for distribution to clients
· Invoicing of other extra charges incurred after clearance at the border e.g., P.E, Storage and Permit charges
· Sending back processed documents to the border for corrections, if any
Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma in Customs Legislation and Procedures.
· 5 O` levels including Maths and English
· Minimum 1 year experience as a Customs Clearing Clerk and traceable reference
· Will be required to carry out CID Clearance is successfully shortlisted.
· Age between 25 and 30 years
Computer literacy: Software MS Office, ZIMRA ASYCUDA
How To Apply