In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstream innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH).
- Communication Intern that will assist in packaging and communicating information about the HarvestPlus program and its activities to different key stakeholders;
- Support the development and packaging of print / web / audio-visual / multimedia materials in a variety of formats for donors, policy makers, farmers, consumers, processors, and marketers;
- Provide communications support and documentation for all project activities;
- Co-facilitate the dissemination of farmer-friendly information on HarvestPlus project activities through features writing, press releases, field days, radio, and television programs;
- Organize and set-up exhibitions to promote biofortified crops at various forums;
- Assist in producing unique photography and video coverage for HarvestPlus events / occasions;
- Support the production of training videos, conducting informative interviews and testimonials aimed at promoting HarvestPlus interventions in Zimbabwe;
- Develop and design concepts, graphics, and layouts for HarvestPlus promotional materials (brochures, pamphlets, flyers, banners, etc.);
- Create and upload engaging social media content using graphics and illustrations to increase awareness and sensitization of stakeholders;
- Monitor all social media conversations, mentions, and other activities and provide feedback to questions and comments;
- Collect and share feedback from social media channels with HarvestPlus staff and relevant stakeholders;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Should be working towards or recently completed diploma or bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field;
- Ability to use graphic design software – Adobe Suite, CorelDraw etc.;
- Microsoft Office Applications – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications;
- Cloud data storage tools – Google drive, DropBox, OneDrive;
- Must possess good photography, videography, and video editing skills;
- Adopt at using major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram;
- Good skills in writing, editing, and proof-reading, concept, and brand creation;
- Good command of English – possess oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, client management, and social skills;
- Ability to travel extensively within the project target areas;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- The procession of a clean class 4 driver’s license will be an added advantage.
Submit your application to email@example.com with Comms Intern in the email title. The application should contain a 1-page cover letter and a 2-page CV all as one document / attachment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted