In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Who we are.
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape mixed market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer powered healthcare.
PSI created a new branch office in Zimbabwe after supporting the 22-year-old PSI/Zimbabwe Trust – now named Population Solutions for Health – to achieve full financial and operational independence as a deeply rooted local entity leading implementation on a range of HIV and SRHR activities in Zimbabwe. PSI in Zimbabwe leads prime and subaward management and compliance across multiple funding streams with USAID, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Embassy of Sweden. PSI provides high quality “light touch” technical assistance to the MoHCC, PSH and other health system players to strengthen mixed health system performance in HIV and SRHH, with an emphasis on driving a robust adaptive implementation and learning agenda, supporting insight-driven and HCD-informed program design with consumers at the center, and innovating management information systems and digital health solutions for enabling real-time data use for program improvements and improving the quality, frequency and efficiency of provider and consumer contact.
The Accounts officer will support budget execution, financial reporting, payments processing, cashflow and treasury monitoring and accounts reconciliation for PSI in Zimbabwe. The incumbent will report to the Financial Accountant.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Budgeting: Support execution and monitoring of the annual operating budget for the Branch Office with a particular focus on accurate and timely expensing of transactions to correct accounts and activity codes, per donor and annual budgets.
2. Financial Reporting: Prepare month-end reconciliations, journals associated with the month-end close according to PSI global accounting policy. Reclassify common cost expenditure using appropriate cost drivers on a monthly basis. Amortize prepaid expenses on a monthly basis. Prepare adjusting journal templates and bank account reconciliations for approval. Accrue unpaid but incurred expenses to account for expenditures in the correct accounting period and reclassify reconciled advances to the proper account and activity.
3. Payment Processing: In partnership with the PSH Trust, review RBF payment requests and prepare RBF payments for review and final processing according to RBF policies and procedures and PSI accounting policies. Check all RBF and non-RBF payments within the approval threshold for appropriate upstream reviews and approvals, adequate and accurate support documentation and correct charge codes and ensure all payments are prepared for approval within the agreed turnaround time. Ensure invoice and processing of invoices meets statutory requirements for VAT and withholding taxes and standards for reasonability, allocability and allowability. Enter invoices into the system accurately and charging correctly and prepare bank instructions accurately ensuring on-time approvals by designated signatories. Process travel advances, where required.
4. Creditors Reconciliations Management: Reconcile vendor statement of accounts against vendor ledger account to ensure on-time and complete payment history and to prevent duplicate payments. Extract and analyze invoice accrual reconciliation reports for employee and vendor advances for checking and tracking outstanding advances and communicate with employees and vendors on outstanding advance to ensure timely reconciliation. Flag and escalate problematic accounts for remedial action. Check supporting reconciliation documents before process in the system. Ensure proper coding of expenses to activities and accounts and ensure accurate posting of reconciliations to correct advances for accurate clearance.
5. Cashflow and Treasury Management: Monitor bank accounts to inform OAR request and to ensure payment coverage based on projected needs. Oversee petty cash custodian and month end petty cash reconciliations to ensure reasonableness in low priced business transactions. Run payments in the accounting system and clear obligations from PSI accounts. Liaise with bankers and ensure all queries are resolved in the month they appear i.e., returned transfers.
6. Compliance: Prepare statutory payments where appropriate and understand and adhere to PSI accounting policies and all associated updates.
7. Partnering and Customer Service: Update stakeholders on status of payments and provide payment remittance advices and proof of payments where required. Process monthly reconciliations and reimbursements for services purchased from the PSH Trust. Address client queries regarding payables transactions on a timely basis and maintain a strong implementation partnership with RBF purchasing and verification entities.
8. Any other responsibilities, as defined by the Financial Accountant or Management.
Qualifications And Experience
What are we looking for?
• Good ‘A’ Levels plus HND or Degree in Accounting
• Part ACCA/CIS/CIMA
• 3 Years’ experience in accounting fields and very computer conversant (Pastel, QuickBooks, excel/lotus, electronic mail etc.) with strong analytical skills.
• Able to work under pressure and attend to tasks at short notice.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• References will be required.
• The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
The successful candidate must be able to legally work in Zimbabwe. S/he will demonstrate an ability to work independently with remote guidance across time zones from PSI Field Finance Support, approaching the job with a strong customer service orientation in PSI’s fast-paced environment. S/he will have meticulous attention to detail, a commitment to producing accurate, compliant and quality work, and an ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimal direction. In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability. Detailed CV and a Cover Letter clearly highlighting the job title on the subject line should be sent not later than July 25, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted