Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
ZRBF Communications Assistant
- Full compliance of communications activities with ZRBF specific and UNDP general rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Offer support to all ZRBF teams in designing and editing materials for a range of audiences and contexts, including research and meeting reports, case studies, briefs, toolkits, peer-reviewed articles, training curricula.
- Support all ZRBF PMU staff with presentation design and critical eye for data visualization communication.
- Liaise with graphic designers and other vendors to develop and produce quality materials.
- Ensure branding and style compliance that represent Communication Policies and guidelines across all materials.
- Offer administrative support in tracking products and materials according to deadlines.
- Support ZRBF’s presence at selected national and global conferences by managing exhibit arrangements, coordinating staff support, and materials.
- Coordinate or lead communication related trainings or events for staff and partners
- Identifying, in collaboration with Programme Manager, suitable information to appear on the ZRBF corporate website, intranet and social media as well as gaps in existing content
- Researching, writing, editing and publishing online content that is clear, concise, vivid, and effectively conveys key messages to target audiences. Identify appropriate graphics/images for inclusion with written content. Promoting usefulness, branding and navigability by ensuring that ZRBF diverse online content is kept accurate, relevant and up-to-date;
- Support consortia communication focal persons to understand the corporate brand and priorities so that they are reflected in the content they produce.
- Ensure consistent branding and visual image on the ZRBF website and social media platforms by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images and layout in line with ZRBF Communications Strategy.
- Development and implementation of an online communications strategy, including liaising with partners, optimizing the website and social media platforms’ content for search engines and directory services.
- Suggestions and implementation of new elements such as audio-visual elements, text elements in a highly creative style.
- Support in creating, editing and posting creative content on ZRBF’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn platforms using translated technical content and program updates.
- Design and execute ZRBF’s participation in specific national events in social conversations to amplify ZRBF’s mission and resources.
- Support in repurposing and creating fresh content for monthly eNewsletters and other direct communication.
- Support in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, data bites video
- clips to use in various digital content.
- Regularly monitor website and social media metrics and analyze monthly.
- Expand digital dissemination outlets for information sharing such as websites, webinars, social media, videos, data visualizations, infographics, emails listservs, etc.
Ensures knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Input and update of accurate data and information to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Making contributions in relation to ZRBF monthly, quarterly, biannual reports and other key programme events;
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with stakeholders. Work with the Programme Manager to develop and implement ZRBF media strategies that advance ZRBF’s visibility and research utilization.
- Lead in the management and updating of an active online platform to increase collaboration of ZRBF stakeholders
- Produce reports on the virtual platforms web analytics and suggest strategies for increasing quantity and quality of user experiences
- Coordinate responses to incoming media inquiries, review of press releases, and relevant news coverage monitoring
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Ability to persuade others to follow Level 3: Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
- Demonstrated ability to understand and present technical information to nontechnical audiences, and a passion to bridge the gap between research and lay audiences.
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of political and ethical issues in assigned areas; ability to facilitate relationships between diverse parties.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Excellence in graphic design software packages such as Adobe suite or Corel, with proven track record or portfolio
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuous personal learning
- Acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations/Development, or a related field.
- Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience with web design and publishing.
- Outstanding copywriting and editing skills in English and Shona.