Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
This position reports to the Deport Manager
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Day to day management of workshop team of motor mechanics. automobile electricians, coach builders. trimmers. welders and painters.
- Ensure high fleet availability through implementation Of available Preventive Maintenance programs,
- Offer state of the art maintenance and repair services to fleet including overhauls to transmission system. engines, differentials. suspension system. braking system ,body repairs e.t c_ to ensure high fleet reliability.
- Ensure 100% compliance to statutory regulations particularly Certificate of fitness (C OF) amongst operational fleet,
- Ensure that buses complete their trips through timeous response to breakdowns (as they arise) and championing root cause analysis sessions on breakdowns to avoid recurrence in liaison with the Engineer,
- Maintain an adequate supply of critical spare parts. tools and equipment in liason with Stores Manager.
- Inspect and certify vehicles after service and repair before handing over to Operations.
- Assist driver training sessions on vehicle care liaison with Human Resources department
- Assist the Engineer in maintenance Of as well as carrying out performance appraisals to subordinates.
- Report and writing Any other duties as assigned by superior
- Through knowledge of service repair of a variety of heavy duty diesel powered engines that include Cummins engines.
- Sound technical judgement Proactive team leader Innovative industrious
- Have the ability to supervise personnel
- Good communication skills
- Must be an apprentice trained motor mechanic or diesel plant fitter with at least 5 years hands experience preferably in the transport industry,
- Must have at years experience as a Foreman.
- Supervisory experience in the transport industry is an added advantage,
- Must be aged between 35- 45 years,
- Must have at least a class two driver’s licence.
- Must have at least a National Certificate in Motor mechanics or Automotive Engineering from a reputable institution.
- Possession of supervisory qualification will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system will be an added advantage
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
ZUPCO - is looking for CASHIERSHarare,Zimbabwe 7 Feb, 2019
ZUPCO - is looking for ANALYSIS CLERKSHarare, Zimbabwe 7 Feb, 2019
ZUPCO - is looking for AUTOMOBILE ELECTRICIANBulawayo,Zimbabwe 7 Feb, 2019
ZUPCO - is looking for BUS CONDUCTORSZimbabwe 7 Feb, 2019
ZUPCO - is looking for ARTISAN-MOTOR MECHANICS/DIESEL PLANT FITTERZimbabwe 7 Feb, 2019