Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
TRANSPORT MANAGER: X1
We seek to recruit an outstanding and result oriented individual to fill the following post in our organization:
Responsibility The incumbent will report to the Head Administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose.
• Manages service and maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet departmental needs.
• Leads in the procurement and disposal of all Company vehicles.
• Reviews fleet service quality levels through monitoring quality and speed of vehicle services.
• Controls fleet usage through tracking system reports and recommends improvements.
• Implements maintain and develop policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently.
• Ensures the existence of a good relationship with suppliers including garages, fuel suppliers, panel beaters and insurers.
• Degree in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent.
• Membership to a relevant and recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar or related environment and three of which should be in a management position.
• An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
• Excellent geographical knowledge.
• Good people management and coordination skills.
• Excellent financial acumen.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
• Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.