Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
TEAM LEADER – UNDERWRITING
Econet Insurance (Pvt) Ltd is looking for Team Leader – Underwriting to join the Econet Insurance Team. The main purpose of the job is to ensure all policies are issued as per underwriting and reinsurance manuals, all records are captured on the system, and service standards are strictly adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 A Level Passes including Mathematics/Statistics
• Degree in Actuarial Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Insurance/Risk Management or equivalent
• A professional qualification in Insurance or risk management a must
• 5 years’ experience in a related environment.
• Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and with external parties.
Key Result Areas
• Manages the technical side of insurance processing from issuing of quotations to issuing policy documentation to ensure the business is adequately protected by having the right terms and conditions and also that clients are served timeously.
• Ensures that the product terms and conditions are properly worded to cover the insurance risk that the business actually intends to cover.
• Ensures strict adherence to underwriting and reinsurance manuals.
• Performs loss experience analytics, risk profiling and calls for risk surveys to ensure commensurate rates and terms are charged for each risk accepted.
• Carries out hands-on training support to all underwriters.
• Recommends on an annual basis the Underwriting Authority limits and Underwriting requirements
• Measures effectiveness of sales promotions to ensure that organizational goals are achieved.
• Reviews and contributes to final reinsurance treaties drafted by reinsurers and ensures that the terms covered by the treaties adequately covers all the terms of products.
• Sets up training workshops and refresher courses for staff conducted by the reinsurers/reinsurance brokers
• Build strong relationship with reinsurers, brokers and agents to grow the technical support base.
• Ensure that clients are properly serviced and provided with adequate education on the insurance products.
• Build relationships with supply chain network partners to gather information required for decision making.
• Reviews processes and amends procedure manuals regularly if need be.
• Assesses the sufficiency, accuracy and quality of data captured on the system
• Ensures that the business is compliant to regulatory statutes.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Econet's Cassava Smartech - is looking for OPERATIONS OFFICER – VAYAHarare,Zimbabwe 26 Jan, 2019
Econet's Cassava Smartech - is looking for DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGERHarare,Zimbabwe 26 Jan, 2019
Econet's Cassava Smartech - is looking for ACCOUNTANTHarare,Zimbabwe 26 Jan, 2019
Econet's Cassava Smartech - is looking for IS Business AnalystHarare,Zimbabwe 12 Feb, 2019
Econet's Cassava Smartech - is looking for AccountantHarare,Zimbabwe 12 Feb, 2019