Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
SUB LIBRARIAN – CLIENT SERVICES
- Applicants must have at least a Masters degree in Library and Information Sciences or equivalent plus five (5) years post-qualification experience.
- In addition, applicants must have five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language.
- Applicants should be mature, reliable, responsible and prepared to work overtime.
- In addition, applicants should possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administering client services regulations and policy;
• Participating in Library Administration activities and assigned tasks;
• Establishing routines for effective delivery and quality of service to clients and continuous improvement of systems;
• Developing and managing guidelines that encourage and facilitate intellectual, electronic and physical access to information and learning resources;
• Maintaining the orderliness of Library infrastructure and resources;
• Maintaining the Library automated circulation system including registration of various clients, circulation of general, reserve and various categories of special collections;
• Collecting reference materials, staying up-to-date on the different types of references available and facilitating their organization in a system that is easy to access;
• Developing informational and instructional materials on library services and resources;
• Planning and implementing orientation programmes, client relations, awareness and marketing activities;
• Instructing users in information retrieval from various Library information sources;
• Administering Library revenue and other income generating projects;
• Maintaining discipline among users in accordance with library and university regulations;
• Compiling Library usage statistics and preparing management reports based on these;
• Overseeing the library’s general security; and
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for Director, Procurement Grade 5Masvingo, Zimbabwe 27 Jan, 2019
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for Procurement OfficerMasvingo, Zimbabwe 27 Jan, 2019
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR SECURITY SERVICES (GRADE 5)Zimbabwe 11 Aug, 2019
Great ZImbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR SECURITY SERVICESZimbabwe 11 Aug, 2019
Great ZImbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR, WORKS AND ESTATESZimbabwe 12 Aug, 2019