In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Strategic Information Evaluation Manager
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in six priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, and Mutare. Under FHI360’s the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive curriculum on HIV prevention, gender norms and social asset building targeted at AGYW in school, out of school and their sexual partners at community level. The core package of interventions consists of social asset building, social protection, family and caregiver skills building, community norms activities that are complemented by provision of youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
The Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Manager supports the Director ME&L in all SIE activities for FHI 360 Zimbabwe Dreams project. S/he supports the Director ME&L on a shared platform across all FHI360 projects, in the provision of technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in SIE. S/he collaborates closely with other major stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the national M&E effort in Zimbabwe.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Director in managing a shared SIE platform, defining strategies, goals, objectives and work plan, and monitoring their implementation in DREAMS project and others.
- Facilitate deployment and use of electronic medical records system at FHI 360 supported sites across all projects.
- Take a leadership role in all QA/QI processes within FHI 360 Zimbabwe and among FHI 360’s Implementing Partners.
- Assist in strengthening the capacity of the FHI 360 SIE Team, and of FHI 360 technical staff in general; stay alert of the latest best practices in M&E to ensure up-to-date service delivery by the FHI 360 M&E Team.
- Foster FHI 360’s relationships with key counterparts at various levels, to facilitate synergies and guarantee harmony between FHI 360 and Zimbabwe SIE for health activities.
- Upon request, provide general technical assistance in SIE to partners as well as to other key stakeholders. S/he will assist in data management, analysis and quality management of related work.
- Supervise and support the data management, analysis and quality management-related initiative undertaken by SIE officers at the country office and field offices.
- S/he will provide guidance in the development and/or adaptation of SIE tools, in the monitoring of their day-to-day use, and in their modification.
- Assist in providing sound technical leadership in the FHI 360 Quality Management System (Standard Operating Procedures, Process Flowcharts, Forms), in the FHI 360 data flow (processes and procedures for data flow, collecting forms), and for the design, update and use of the FHI 360 databases.
- Review, validate, share and present regular FHI 360 SIE reports, to be used by various stakeholders (health workers in service delivery points, public health practitioners, technical officers and management in FHI 360).
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Represent FHI 360 at National and International events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of HIV, DREAMS and Education programs, specifically in Zimbabwe.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding SIE, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for Zimbabwe.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues in Zimbabwe.
- Capacity to manage and build the capacity of district teams.
- Capacity to consistently provide technical inputs on Sexual and Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS in the FHI 360 network to improve the quality of service delivery.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Zimbabwe to stakeholders and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MS/MA in demography, mathematics, MPH or similar degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project/provincial/national-level SIE in HIV/AIDS and Maternal and Child Health programs.
- Sound practical knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical software.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Program InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018