In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Heart and Soul
No 1 Union Avenue Harare, Zimbabwe
Responsible for the business, technical, and administration aspects of the converged TV/radio station.
Manages the day-to-day running of the station.
- Managing employees, making operational decisions, and giving input to procurement of station technology and equipment.
- Supervise and coordinate the schedules workflow, and responsibilities of various departments and personnel.
- Hiring, Training and evaluating employees (on-air personalities, audio engineers, as well as radio producers), as well as providing communication between departments and other function.
- In charge of the radio programs planning and airing process.
- Responsible for revenue generation of the station as well as purchases, cash flow needs, and profitability.
- Prepare budget and maintain accountability.
- Radio Content development/ AFP’s (Advertiser Funded Programs) / regional and international syndication.
- Audience/ Team development.
- strategy and Training.
- Video/ Audio Production skills.
- Graphic design and Creative solutions.
- Station Imaging.
- New Business Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of radio organisational structures, workflow, systems, and operating. Skills in examining and developing station operations and procedures, formulating policy, and implementing organisational strategies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and support the execution of continuous broadcast schedules on a 24/7 basis.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of radio principles, procedures, operations and standards as well as local broadcasting regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement shot- and long-rang goals.
- Knowledge of project management principle and procedures.
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting process and procedures.
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in radio and proficient skills in operating radio equipment.
Station Managers must have enough technical knowledge to understand the operation of all station equipment, content strategies, programming and broadcasting digitally.
HND or in Mass Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations or BA.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing or supervisory role in a Radio station.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Heart and Soul - is looking for Graphics Designer & Video Producers – InternshipHarare,Zimbabwe 5 Nov, 2018
Heart and Soul - is looking for Website & App DeveloperHarare,Zimbabwe 5 Nov, 2018
Heart and Soul - is looking for COMMMERCIAL MANAGERHarare,Zimbabwe 5 Nov, 2018