In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Social Care Assessor
Cradlefin Consultants are currently recruiting for Social Care Assessor (Band 12) to cover Harrogate. the core focus of this job is to maximise the independence and safety of the vulnerable people of North Yorkshire who have care needs. The post holder will do this by undertaking assessments of need with vulnerable peopleusing the Directorate’s procedures, and where required you will undertake separate assessments of the needs of the person’scarer(s).
- Undertaking assessments of need with vulnerable peopleas allocated by the Team Manager and where requested, to undertake assessments of need with carers.
- Following assessments, identifying whether or not peopleand carers fall within the Directorate’s eligibility criteria, and communicating this to the vulnerable personor carer
- Where peopleor carers fall within eligibility criteria, working creatively and innovatively with the peopleand or carers to develop an agreed care package to achieve the identified outcomes
- Providing professional support and advice to peopleand carers on how their needs could be partly or wholly met by access to universal and other non-care services
- Commission, or direct to, services to meet the person’sor carer’s outcomes
- Undertaking re-assessments and reviews of care pathways as required by the Team Manager
- Intervening in emergency situations to protect vulnerable peopleand to initiate the appropriate statutory and other actions required, and following the appropriate training and experience to undertake adult protection investigations as Lead Investigator where required by the Care Services Manager
- Maintaining clear, concise and timely records of cases, care pathways and actions in line with the Directorate’s policies on file maintenance
- Participating in the duty system as required by the Team Manager
- Assisting in the collection of performance data using the appropriate IT systems.
- To represent the Directorate in court proceedings and with other agencies as required
Required skills & qualifications:
- Good working knowledge, understanding and application of community care legislation and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of social care policy developments and good practice at a local and national level
- Knowledge of statutory requirements, including requirements in respect of carers, equality and anti discrimination legislation, maintaining a safe working environment, data protection and confidentiality
- Experience of undertaking assessment of health or social care needs in a community setting
- Experience of inter-agency collaboration practice
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking complex assessment of health or social care needs in a community setting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to use persuasion, influencing and/or negotiation techniques to influence others
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
- Resilience skills. Works productively in a pressurised environment and supports others to do so.
- Ability to act calmly during difficult circumstances and recovers quickly from setbacks
- Effective time management and planning skills, meets deadlines
- Effective written communication skills – communicates effectively in writing to produce documents in a range of formats and styles to suit a range of audiences. Excellent case recording and report writing skills
- A professional social care qualification e.g. Social Work, DipSW, CQSW with current registration with the HCPC
- Ability to travel across the County
- Ability to attend meetings outside of normal business hours
The County Council requires that staff offer the best level of service to their customers and behave in a way that gives them confidence. Customers will be treated as individuals, with respect for their diversity, culture and values. Customers are people who may access support and also fellow colleagues. If you feel you have the right skills for this role apply today.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Cradlefin Consultants - is looking for ConsultantUK 1 Nov, 2019
Cradlefin Consultants - is looking for Middle Grade Doctors in PaediatricsUK 1 Nov, 2019
Cradlefin Consultants - is looking for Agency Care Support WorkerUK 1 Nov, 2019