In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Senior Wash Officer
Deadline: 31 May 2019
Who We Are
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 have gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
Career Opportunities with GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer to all individuals seeking possible employment with the organisation. We are looking for suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated individuals to be part of the GOAL Zimbabwe team for the Zimbabwe Country Program on a fixed term duration. Interested employment seekers are invited to apply for the vacant positions.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior WASH Officer will be responsible for the overall implementation of the WASH project in TRC ensuring that water, sanitation, and hygiene project and awareness are implemented effectively, professionally, and in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population. S/he will also contribute to health improvement though improved access to sustainable WASH services to host communities
Summary of Key Duties
- Supervise the provision of support in water, sanitation and hygiene promotion programming, in broad coordination with other sectors;
- Ensuring quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines;
- Lead on the evaluation of the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context;
- Work with gender and safeguarding focal points on mainstreaming gender, protection, and safeguarding in project and program activities;
- Work with the M and E Coordinator on all required surveys, assessments and evaluations of the project;
- Supervise the contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response;
- Coordinate the preparation of internal and external reports for NGO and donors;
- Collaborating and coordinating with the government, local authorities, NGOs, and UN agencies on WASH issues at district level;
- Ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization’s background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field;
- Ensure financial accountability for float requests, acquittals of floats and contribute to compilation of quarterly procurement plans;
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual programme reports.
Person Specifications (Attributes and Qualifications)
- A Minimum of a Degree in Public Health, Environmental/Health Sciences, Engineering or equivalent;
- A qualification in WASH or the equivalent is desirable;
- At least 3 years’ experience in WASH emergency programmes working within an NGO set up;
- Strong appreciation of the importance of urban and rural WASH Hardware and Software and community participation in project activities;
- Knowledge of WASH project monitoring and evaluation techniques;
- Willing to work in highly remote locations and/or travel regularly outside the country office.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
: GOAL - is looking for Senior WASH OfficerHarare, Zimbabwe 29 Mar, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Assistant Country Director – Programmes22 May, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer:Chimanimani / Chipinge 22 May, 2019
GOAL - is looking for 20 (Twenty) x Casual EnumeratorsHarare 30 Jul, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Finance OfficerZimbabwe 30 Jan, 2020