Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Senior Program Officer
Summary of Position:
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) is responsible for supporting program management, including procurement’s, sub-award management, reporting, and meeting planning/organization.
General program management (prime award)
- Work closely with the technical team to develop annual workplans, budgets, pipeline analyses and performance monitoring plans (PMP);
- Facilitate the development and monitoring of budgets and pipeline analysis tools, in collaboration with the COP, Finance staff, and DT4n .
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant reporting per FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Support and facilitate regular program and technical partner review meetings.
- Support provincial teams to ensure a high level of operational efficiency in delivering FP outreaches country-wide.
- Collaborate with the HR team in the management of project personnel.
- Coordinating and running workshops, meetings and other high-level events.
- Support the COP to maintain compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the DT, key project partners and other stakeholders to meet program objectives and deliver results.
Subgrant management/Subrecipient monitoring
Support the processing of sub-grants, including: finalization of scope of works developed by technical teams; and coordination of the sub-grantee bidding, review and award process.
Support the COP to monitor sub-awardee performance and supervise sub-awardee operational outputs, working with FHI 360’s Technical Monitors as well as Contract Management Services (CMS).
Coordinate the subrecipient monitoring system, liaising with the finance and CMS staff, to ensure that payments and paperwork are being processed in a timely manner;
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program management and technical development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated problem-solving, project management and technical skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiate and work well with others.
- Capacity to provide management oversight to the project.
- Ability to organize and work with teams to produce high quality project deliverables on time and according to budget;
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean health system;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong communication and coordination skills required;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects.
- Experience interacting with government agencies, host‐country government partners and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Ability and willingness to travel to provincial offices in Zimbabwe a minimum of 25% time.
- Master’s degree in public health or other relevant degree; persons with a related degree and must demonstrate practical experience in implementing MNCH and Family planning programs in a development context;
- At least 5 years of progressively more responsible work experience that involved direct supervision of staff, oversight and evaluation of program performance and deliverables, working with non-government organizations.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Program InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018