In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
SBC Technical Lead
FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Lead for an upcoming, USAID-funded nutrition and food security program in Zimbabwe. The duration of the project is five years and the position will be based in Mutare. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The SBC Lead will be an integral member of the project team and provide strategic leadership over the design and implementation of SBC activities across all aspects of the project.
The SBC Lead will:
- Provide technical leadership to the project to ensure integration of SBC in program activities across the project at all levels
- Oversee the design and implementation of evidence-based, community-driven SBC interventions that will lead to positive social and behavior change
- Ensure SBC is integrated into project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee programmatic and technical aspects related to SBC activities ensuring SBC efforts are evidence-based, community-driven, and in line with provisions of the award
- Provide strategic leadership to design, plan, and implement SBC interventions across the project
- Lead the design and implementation of participatory formative research to shape the project’s overall SBC approach and to inform audience segmentation
- Lead the development of SBC strategy and implementation plan
- Lead the development of SBC tools and materials
- Contribute to the design and implementation of M&E activities, including any baseline, end-line, or other activities related to SBC
- Oversee the monitoring of activity progress related to SBC to ensure a consistency and coherency across interventions
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the project’s SBC programming, successes, and lessons learned
- A minimum of six 8+ years of progressively increasing technical responsibility leading to a senior level of expertise in SBC is required;
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s degree) in a relevant social science discipline, such as International Communication, Social and Behavior Change Communication, Social Marketing, Public Health, Health Communication, Health Promotion, or Social Sciences, is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of SBC approaches that address change in social norms and structures as well as individual behaviors, and that go beyond messaging to catalyze community action;
- Strong understanding of local cultural practices, social networks, and gender and age dynamics strongly preferred;
- In-depth knowledge of agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security programming is preferred;
- Experience with international donor projects, experience with USAID and Food for Peace preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, knowledge of local languages preferred;
- Strong intercultural supervisory and team building skills and experience;
- Mentoring and facilitation skills preferred;
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow;
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in Microsoft Office).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Program InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018