Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Safety Investigator Flight
To perform safety investigations for operational safety incidents and accidents in order to determine the root cause of the events. This includes being part of the company’s investigation go-team that will join investigations led by the GCAA or other international governmental bodies for major accidents.
- Participate in safety investigations by:
- Leading the investigation go-team and represents the company in regards to any major accident or disaster that occurs in the air or on the ground in compliance with the GCAA CAR Part VI.
- Performing internal safety investigations of non-routine occurrences and incidents, which include the development and verification of accident causal analysis.
- Analyze and interpret factual information gathered from investigations to be able to deduce the root causes of safety incidents and accidents.
- Identify safety recommendations to the organization in order to avoid repeated safety incidents.
- Assess the severity of safety incidents to determine the extent of the company’s response to an incident.
- Compose and review safety investigation reports that will be published to the associated stakeholders within the company. These reports maybe distributed to governmental authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain the safety management system database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data entered into the database for future statistical use.
- Research the latest technologies in investigation and human factors (HFACS) to ensure that the investigations are carried out in accordance with best industry practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation/airlines, including experience in an investigative function and in a flight safety function.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended.
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident/incident investigation course is desireable.
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS) training course is desireable.
- An Airline Transport Pilot’s License or a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer would be recommended.
- Membership in a professional body related to aviation or safety.
- Completion of all qualifications necessary from the regulatory body to act as a lead investigator in the instance of an accident.
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- General business management training, including human resources, performance and project management;
- Advanced computer literacy in office productivity applications;
- Supplemental training in safety related disciplines, such as Flight Data Monitoring, advanced investigations, auditing, risk management, etc.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
- Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Qatar Airways - is looking for Cabin CrewZimbabwe 15 Jun, 2019
QATAR AIRWAYS - is looking for Cabin CrewZimbabwe 1 Nov, 2019
QATAR AIRWAYS - is looking for Customer Services RolesZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2020