Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Officer Intern
Agriculture and Food Security:
Deadline: 19 July Project Officer Intern 2019
Reports to: Programs Manager
Zimbabwe Women’s Bureau is seeking for a qualified graduate applicant who wants to gain work experience to fill in the post of Agriculture and Food Security Intern. The organization is a national membership private voluntary organization that was formed in 1978, with the main goal of promoting, facilitating and supporting the achievement of socio-economic rights of women in Zimbabwe. It is registered by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare as a PVO (W.O.45/78) and has a membership of over 25 000 women countrywide. Since its inception, it has adopted a pluralistic, participatory, sustainable and holistic approach to women’s empowerment and development. Through its programs in agriculture and food security, entrepreneurship and business development, capacity strengthening, GBV, SRH, research, information dissemination as well as advocacy and lobbying, the organization has contributed to policy changes and made a life-changing positive impact to thousands of households around Zimbabwe.
The overall duty for this post is to facilitate for the agro-based initiatives of the organization in line with the organizational strategy.
- Plans and coordinates all ZWB agriculture activities;
- Identifies all areas needing support;
- Attends relevant local and international workshops and courses as approved;
- Prepares and submits all reports relevant to agricultural activities;
- Initiates the formulation of policies relevant to the department;
- Identifies areas that need departmental support;
- Carries out feasibility studies;
- Prepares the projects documents for specific agricultural programs;
- Prepares a budget for the organization’s agriculture department;
- Ensures that activities are within the budget;
- Supervises fields assistants.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience required
- Degree/Diploma in Agriculture;
- Excellent training and communication skills