Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Coordinator– Whole School Development
59 Joseph Road/Off Nursery Road,Harare,Zimbabwe
About the Project
IGATE Transition Project aims to improve the life and chances of marginalised girls and boys by supporting them to achieve higher learning outcomes and transition to further education beyond primary schools. The project aims to compliment and support efforts of the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education (MoPSE) in achieving its mission of providing equitable, quality and inclusive education for all children. The project works with 266 Primary Schools and 52 Secondary Schools in 9 Districts with the aim of improving learning outcomes in literacy and numeracy, retention and transition rate of girls and boys in primary school level, and lower and upper secondary level. The project aims to promote school based teacher development initiatives and apply evidence based approaches.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to provide support, information and guidance on the School initiatives in the framework of the IGATE project. As such ensuring that the IGATE intermediate outcomes of the project are obtained, supporting the technical manager in realizing IGATE results of the project, supporting district teams and stakeholders in the implementation of the Project, ensuring high quality standards in terms of partnership, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the project at the level of the stakeholders and acting in accordance to World Vision’s vision, mission, values, policies and guidelines.
- Taking a leading role on issues related to improving inclusive teaching and learning and leadership of learning in schools, with a focus on achieving significant improved learning outcomes for all children and youth, especially the most vulnerable.
- Providing technical advice, guidance and support for developing, implementing and supporting effective and relevant contextualized approaches and practices directed at teacher development and school leadership for improved teaching practices focusing on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy.
- Supporting in the development of effective supplemental teaching and learning materials and strategieswith support of Open University (UK)
- Providing oversight and leadership of the Bicycle Education Empowerment Programme (BEEP) program in 52 secondary schools, ensuring alignment with the IGATE program and harnessing programmatic synergies, managing do no harm issues to ensure bicycles are integrated in the overall program framework and contributing to learning and transition outcomes. Ensure compliance to the standards and policies.
- Taking up an active role in managing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the BEEP programme, including in-school Girls Leadership Clubs, in close collaboration with the Monitoring and evaluation team;
- Contributing to internal and external knowledge development by systemizing lessons learned and sharing pro-actively lessons learned between partners, colleagues and other consortium partners.
- Keeping abreast with policy trends, new developments and latest research and thinking in capacity development and international development by external and internal networking and sharing new insights with consortium partners.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor in Education or equivalent by experience. Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Management, preferably Project Cycle Management.
- An in-depth understanding of capacity development assessments, strategies, methods and tools.
- Experience with capacity development and an understanding of the education sector and educational institutions like teacher training institutions, in-service providers for teachers and school leaders and ministries of education, is an asset;
- Fluent in English and local languages specific to where the project is being implemented.
- Core competences- Result orientated, continuous improvement and cooperation
- Function specific competences- Initiative, Networking, Organizing, Coaching (of partners), Analytical and synthetic thinking, Creativity, Good verbal and written communication skills
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018
World Vision International - is looking for Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Field Facilitator x 222 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for BEEF LIAISON OFFICER (1)Harare,Zimbabwe 23 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Field Officer (2)Makoni,Mt Darwin 25 Nov, 2018