In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Program Officer Southern Africa Hunger Emergency Response
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position seeks to provide cross functional coordination support and technical oversight in grant proposal development, grant compliance and report generation in line with donor requirements the planning, funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the respective World Vision SAHER program operations. The PO position will focus heavily on proposal coordination and design, as well as ensuring regular project reporting and donor compliance. It will also include donor/Support Office/partner engagement and information management.
- Grant acquisition and compliance, maintain regular communication with donors for the projects being implemented by WV Zimbabwe.
- Provide technical support in proposal development and reports in line with donor requirements.
- Assist the programmes team in identifying opportunities to solicit funding from the donor community (such as UN agencies, USAID, DFID, AusAID and EC), FPMG and WVI Support Offices.
- Ensure all Zimbabwe SAHER programme designs are based on needs assessment findings (primary & secondary data) and analysis, targets the most vulnerable/chronically vulnerable and is operationally viable.
- Liaise with Area Development Program managers and HEA implementing and support departments, in designing program proposals, implementation frameworks that are in line with donor and WV Support Offices requirements.
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations. Through ensuring that WVZ meets all contractual obligations and achieves high quality planning and implementation levels.
- Conduct regular review sessions (90 days, 180 days and final evaluations) with individual staff to monitor their progress and performance against the objectives established as part of the performance Management process.
- Represent the World Vision Grant Programmes Team at regional Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) meetings as and when required.
- Contribute towards the work of the programme quality coordination team within the HEA programme.
- Plan and facilitate detailed operational plan and execute plan. Contribute to planning of sector requirements for people, funding and supplies.
- Establish and maintain networks and partnerships with like-minded organisations.
- Conducting field visits, for the purposes of assessing and ensuring that programs are managed in accordance with internal procedures, such as LEAP, SPHERE and HAP principles as well as in a manner that will promote good practice, maximise impact, encourage learning and maintain a high team spirit.
- Liase with the Monitoring & Evaluation team and knowledge centre in conducting monitoring and evaluation, research and documentation. Ensure Accountability mechanisms are in place for Community and stakeholder feedback.
- Mentor and capacity build locally based programme officers to improve the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to set key work objectives and priorities for the programmes team.
- Develop monthly, quarterly progress (narrative and financial) and annual program reports.
- Contribute to the overall co-ordination and integration of relief and Area Development Program interventions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Preferred).
- Must have at least three years of experience working as Program Officer.
- In-depth knowledge of project design and proposal writing.
- Basic understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, Aus Aid USAID, UN, CIDA, AusAid, DFID, ECHO, WFP.
- Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the sector heads and department managers.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
- Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies.
- Ability to explain WV’s work in relation to issues of poverty, power, justice and peace.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Completed a recognised personal security course in the past 3 years.
- Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Good understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, AusAid, DFID, ECHO, WFP.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Mentoring and facilitation skills.
- Ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience with in proposal writing.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites as required.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 4 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018
World Vision International - is looking for Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Field Facilitator x 222 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for BEEF LIAISON OFFICER (1)Harare,Zimbabwe 23 Nov, 2018