In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Program and Influencing Manager
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in Policy Influencing
Do you have experience in Senior Management within an INGO
Do you have experience in Program management If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team and the default Deputy Country Director, as well as Head of Programmes, the Programme and Influencing Manager ensures that the country programme delivers a coherent policy and influencing strategy to tackle the injustice of poverty through leading programme planning and implementation using the one programme approach in line with the Oxfam Zimbabwe’s Programmatic Strategic Framework 2016- 2020.
This position will be responsible for programme development & resource mobilisation, advocacy & influencing, capacity building of partners and people movements and people management. The Programmes and Influencing Manager, over and above the responsibilities described above, is part of the first line of Oxfam responders in the event of a humanitarian crisis being declared, therefore can be assigned to support and/or lead the response as part of our organisational commitment to saving lives while ensuring commitments to donors and beneficiaries on ongoing basis.
What we are looking for
Our next Programs and Influencing manager will require the following:
- Advanced degree in Public Policy, Economics, International Relations, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant qualification
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in similar position
- Significant work experience, including policy influencing, networking and alliance building with other agencies and civil society in Zimbabwe
- A thorough understanding of the policy environment and its impact on poverty reduction interventions is critical for this position
- Excellent understanding of different aspects of quality programming (for example: partnership, participation, accountability, innovation, gender and monitoring, evaluation and learning) and how these can be incorporated into different interventions
- Proven evidence of leadership skills including the ability to challenge, motivate and develop direct reports and terms
- Understanding of gender issues in development and humanitarian programming, including key challenges and approaches to mainstreaming gender into programme design and management
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Policy and Influencing, to act as key contributor to reducing poverty, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their technical Foodsystems, Gender, Extractives fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Oxfam in Zimbabwe - is looking for Baseline Survey for Climate Adaptation for Rural Livelihoods (CARL) in Zimbabwe ProjectBuhera, Gutu, Bulilima 26 Nov, 2018
Oxfam - is looking for MEAL AssistantPlumtree,Zimbabwe 6 Dec, 2018
OXFAM - is looking for MEAL OfficerHarare,Zimbabwe 6 Dec, 2018
Oxfam - is looking for Humanitarian Programs ManagerHarare, Zimbabwe 10 Dec, 2018
Oxfam - is looking for Regional Policy & WIN ManagerRegion 21 Dec, 2018