Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Procurement Assistant performs a wide range of routine administrative and control functions in support of FAO’s procurement services. He/ she contributes to timely and efficient procurement operations.
The Procurement Assistant reports to International Administrative Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received supports the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work.
The incumbent interacts with colleagues from within the work unit and with immediate clients from within the Organization, providing a wide variety of routine administrative and procurement services.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review and prepare routine documentation and correspondence related to assigned procurement actions, including, but not limited to: identification of potential suppliers , preparation of invitations to bid, bid summaries, purchase orders and/or contract, simple contractual amendments, renewals; obtain clarifications when necessary;
- Follow-up on purchase orders and contracts: monitor receipt of order confirmation, shipment and receipt of goods and services, receipt of performance bonds or other necessary documentation;
- Review invoices of incoming goods, transportation services and custom’s clearance fees for accuracy; bring to the supervisor’s attention any discrepancies which may arise, prior to processing the payment;
- Report on the status of procurement actions;
- File documents and correspondence and database records related to procurement actions, assigned tenders, purchase orders and contracts;
- Run periodic reports, taking action as requested;
- Ensure data input into systems as accurate;
- Review with the supervisor problems and discrepancies related to assigned actions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact of work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – candidates will be assessed against the following
- Education: Secondary School Education. University Degree in Procurement will be an added advantage
- Work Experience and Knowledge: Three years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work,
- Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of the corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems
- Good knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures
- Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: Good knowledge of FAO’s administrative policies and procedures
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company