In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist supports the development of a comprehensive Results Framework (impact/Outcome/output) for the Spotlight initiative having indicators with clearly defined baselines and targets. H/She sets up systems and mechanism so that the Spotlight Initiative stakeholders have useful, valid and reliable information on:
- Baseline/Target indicators and achievements; and
- Performance of Spotlight Interventions including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability.
The M & E Specialist works with Inter-agency technical team to deliver valid and reliable information on the attainment of the Spotlight objectives, identifying bottlenecks and challenges, and suggesting solutions to address the gaps. H/She assists in establishment of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and develop M&E tools in a collaborative manner which enhance partnership between the UN agencies, government and other key players to collectively track progress on Spotlight indicators. H/She assists in the development of capacities for monitoring, and evaluation within Spotlight team, with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of government, community, and civil society stakeholders.
Summary of the key functions and accountabilities include:
- Monitoring & Evaluation Planning
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment
- Programme Performance Monitoring
- M & E Capacity Building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, planning development, planning.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows: Five years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO).
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning. Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English and another UN language. Fluency in the national language of the duty station an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment including sexual harassment and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNICEF - is looking for Education Officer (Education Development Fund)Harare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Programme AssistantHarare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
Unicef - is looking for Child Protection SpecialistZimbabwe 20 Dec, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Administration InternHarare,Zimbabwe 22 Apr, 2019
Unicef - is looking for Chief of CommunicationZimbabwe 22 Jun, 2019