In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimate start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the CoM and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will provide specialized support in the monitoring and evaluation component of the Human Rights Monitoring Project. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work in close cooperation with all relevant units of the Mission in Harare and will liaise with the IOM sub-offices and grant recipients to monitor, evaluate, and facilitate reporting on the implementation of other projects.
1. Assist the Project Manager in developing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework and system which will ensure that emergency-affected people have access to assistance, identify obstacles/challenges in the implementation of projects that needs to be addressed, and determine if other-funded projects have the expected impact.
2. Assist the Project Manager to ensure that the reporting templates of the Project are in line with donor and IOM M&E requirements.
3. Support the successful roll-out and implementation of all monitoring and evaluation-related initiatives.
4. Contribute to the development of guidelines and standards for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all ongoing project interventions.
5. Support the monitoring efforts in the project to ensure full compliance with the project indicator norms, successful implementation of M&E related activities, full representation of M&E elements in the program’s capacity building activities, and the use of these activities to inform future M&E behavior of implementing partners.
6. Assist in the review of the M&E plans of Grant applications to assess their practicality, strengths, and weaknesses.
7. Support the development of M&E training modules and, where necessary, train potential grantees and grant recipients on M&E systems.
8. Provide ongoing M&E coaching and support to grant recipients to build capacities and enhance the quality of implementing partner reports.
9. In coordination with the Programme Assistant, design a monitoring and evaluation system to track changes in training participants’ behavior in order to measure the impact of the trainings, including capacity needs assessment surveys in the areas of proposal writing, protection, financial management, and reporting, monitoring, and evaluation.
10. Develop and track a number of indicators for the main sectors of the project on Human Rights Monitoring, as well as to monitor the success of the trainings in changing the relevant behaviours of participants.
11. Help maintain and update the M&E tracking portion of the project Database in close coordination with the IT Assistant to ensure implementing partner updates are fully re resented.
12. Assist in the coordination, preparation, review, and submission of all project reports for the mission in coordination with other project team staff.
13. Facilitate the evaluation and documentation of qualitative and quantitative performance measures throughout and upon completion of each implementing partner’s project implementation.
14. In coordination with/on behalf of the Project Manager, travel to project implementation sites to conduct in-person monitoring and evaluation of implementing partner activities.
15. Coordinate with implementing partners to ensure that their monthly, mid-term, and final reports are complete and submitted to IOM on time.
16. Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the team leader.
(Education, experience and competencies)
Bachelor’s degree is required
Minimum combined 5 years of experience in programme/financial administration and capacity building activities
Thorough knowledge of English Language is a prerequisite
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Core Competencies — behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Core Competencies — behavioral indicators
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Effectively interfaces with partners and government officials of appropriate level on matters related to the RRF and the work of IOM;
Substantive knowledge of and experience with the subject matter; c) good management database skills;
Demonstrates good report writing skills and computer proficiency;
works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives;
Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global and political context; h) demonstrated ability in data collection and analysis is an asset.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
No late applications will be accepted
Diversity & Inclusion At IOM we value and invite diversity into our workforce as we know it is one of the factors that make us qualified to deal with the complex issue of migration. We see diversity as one of our organizational strengths. Our aim is to foster an inclusive workplace where everyone treats each other (including colleagues and migrants) with dignity and respect).
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Biomedical Research and Training Institute - is looking for Assistant Study CoordinatorZimbabwe 13 Feb, 2019
Biomedical Research and Training Institute - is looking for DriverZimbabwe 13 Feb, 2019
Biomedical Research and Training Institute - is looking for Research Nurse X4Zimbabwe 13 Feb, 2019
Biomedical Research and Training Institute - is looking for Research Assistants X3Zimbabwe 13 Feb, 2019
Biomedical Research and Training Institute - is looking for Research NurseBulawayo,Zimbabwe 3 Apr, 2019