Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The key focus of this position is to assist in the maintenance of the monitoring and evaluation process, practice for the EXTRA project to strengthen reporting, project design, and data management. This will lead to the quality delivery of the project across the area of implementation and increase accountability and performance management.
Essential Character Traits:
The incumbent should possess the following character traits:
Dependable, self-motivated flexible, attentive to detail, analytical, team player,
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Data Management (40%)
- Support PME Manager on donor data queries as required.
- Compile and publish quantitative and qualitative monitoring reports for internal and external audiences.
- Project performance data collected and analyzed with respect to Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Design data collection procedures and tools.
- Project M&E and learning tools defined and refined continuously in consultation with the Planning Monitoring manager ( PME).
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plans reviewed annually.
- Monitoring plan and data collection procedures reviewed and adapted as needed.
Communication and Reporting (35%)
- Coordinate the preparation of all monitoring and evaluation reports; guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission;
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for the management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations;
- Quarterly, semester and annual project status report submitted with respect to the KPIs.
- Project result framework reviewed and updated annually.
- Conducting quarterly field visits to assess data quality and monitoring, evaluation and learning practices and the overall project health.
- Disseminate reports timely using official reporting channels and formats.
- PSRP/Collaborative Learning and Adaption sessions conducted every semester with reported shared with all key stakeholders.
Oversight of implementation of M&E systems & tools (20%)
- Overseeing and managing the coordination of the M&E system.
- Supporting and engaging in designing, managing and maintaining a functional M&E system.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, data collection, entry, cleaning and storage are appropriately implemented by project staff and volunteers.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation data is analyzed to an appropriate standard and that results of analysis inform project decision making.
- Coordinate implementation of surveys, evaluations, and researches as requested by management.
- Farmers trained on basic M&E techniques and approaches.
- Record keeping and filing system established/strengthened at field level (farmers and PEOs).
Any other duties as assigned (5%)
- To effectively carry out any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture Economics, Development Studies, Statistics or related field, plus (1) experience on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for projects.
- Solid MLE experience, gained in working in the development context
- Demonstrated social research experience
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs in the country.
- A clean class four driver’s license.
- Report writing.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Competence in operating computer software programs and data analysis, research skills, excellent verbal and writing skills, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Good capacity in community mobilization and knowledge of participatory tools and approaches for assessment.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Strong proven skills in English, both oral and written.
- Good report writing and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible, adaptable and patient.
- Ability to multi-task and balance a host of competing demands.
- High level of integrity and high standards of personal conduct.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to travel independently to project sites.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Constant sitting, standing and walking, and may work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Heifer International Zimbabwe - is looking for Finance & Administration AssistantHarare. Zimbabwe 1 Feb, 2019
Heifer International Zimbabwe - is looking for Graduate InternBikita, Masvingo 13 Mar, 2019
Heifer International Zimbabwe - is looking for Finance and Administration Intern X2Zimbabwe 28 Oct, 2019
Heifer International - is looking for Finance AssistantZimbabwe 15 Nov, 2019