Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
GENERAL MANAGER – MARKETING
To lead the Marketing Communication & Advertising function and drive demand and uptake of Econet’s products & services in the process building brand equity for the business covering EWZL brands and any other given brands as they arise.
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Marketing, Sales or equivalent.
• Post graduate qualification (e.g, MBA /MSC) will be an advantage
• 8 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role or related environment and 3 of which should be in a Senior Management position.
Key Result Areas
• Identifying, formulating and agreeing long term strategic direction, goals and objectives in line with group guidelines.
• Develop and implement a multichannel strategy for customer acquisition, retention, reactivation, loyalty and engagement for EWZL brands and any other given group brands as they arise.
• Analysing and projecting marketing requirements to build the divisional annual business plan in line with the long term strategy. • Receiving marketing requirements from divisional heads and their relevant OPEX (3% of revenue)
• Building a marketing plan in order to deliver the required brand awareness and trial.
• Determines market research needs and methodology, and chooses the right research and agency/research house to partner with in order to gather consumer insights and address knowledge gaps.
• Performs market research through Brand Managers and provide feedback to the Chief Commercial Officer for action.
• Monitors competitor activities in the market place through Brand Managers and provide feedback to the business on an on-going basis.
• Analyses the market intelligence through direct reports and discusses it with the Commercial team and agrees on appropriate action in order to maintain and grow the market share.
• Leads and champion the development of brand positioning and vision to enhance brand equity.
• Leads the development and evaluation compelling concepts and claims for Digital & Traditional platforms to strengthen the company positioning. • Tracks performance and optimizes brand equity, plans and market mixes in conjunction with the Chief Commercial Officer.
• Develops, through Brand Managers, effective communication strategy (including the determination of media channels to be used).
• Receives recommendations from Brand Managers and determines appropriate agencies or media house and channels to use for the communication.
• Conceptualizes, designs and arranges for the production of the annual report in liaison with the Company secretary and the deputy Finance Director.
• Develops & maintains quality communication touch points for all brands – Digital (Social & Websites), Retail /Econet Shops/Dealers, Outdoor – Billboards/Signage.
• Designs and develops the corporate sponsorship strategy and ensures return on investment for all investments. • Receives sponsorship requests through Brand Managers, reviews the same and recommends for sponsorship to the CEO.
• Liaises with the Chief Commercial Officer and implements initiatives to achieve listings, product availability and visibility targets.
• Develops and executes strategies for each of the following channels, including weekly updates & growth: Search Engine Management, Facebook, Email, Display Advertising, Website, etc • Overviews, analyses, and agrees the optimum organisation structure for the Marketing Division with the Chief Commercial Officer and arranges through direct reports for the necessary updating and maintenance.
• Checks and monitors the implementation of the marketing budget with the Departmental Managers, identifies variances, and develops an action plan to address the variances.
• Manages annual Marketing budget and ensures that expenditure is within the set budget.
• Authorizes expenditure in accordance with the laid down Chart of Authority.
• Maintains an overview of the ‘SHE’ Policy and Procedures to ensure that these are being observed in line with International regulations.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Econet Wireless - is looking for HEAD – INTERNAL RISKHarare,Zimbabwe 31 Oct, 2018
Econet Wireless - is looking for Information Security OfficerHarare,Zimbabwe 16 Nov, 2018
Econet Wireless Zimbabwe - is looking for GENERAL MANAGER- MICRO CREDITHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
Econet Wireless - is looking for Engineer – Systems IntegrationHarare,Zimbabwe 5 Dec, 2018
Econet Wireless - is looking for DATA ENGINEERHarare,Zimbabwe 5 Dec, 2018