In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Gender, Youth and Social Dynamics (GYSD) Lead
FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position Gender, Youth and Social Dynamics (GYSD) Lead for an upcoming, USAID-funded nutrition and food security program in Zimbabwe. The duration of the project is five years and the position will be based in Mutare. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The GYSD Lead will be an integral member of the project team and will ensure the social dimensions of food security and community resilience are effectively addressed across all project components and at all levels throughout the life of the project.
The GYSD Lead will:
- Provide technical leadership to the project to ensure integration of gender, positive youth development and social inclusion in program interventions and trainings
- Ensure all activities are at a minimum gender and youth sensitive, while aiming for gender and youth transformative programming and positive change
- Strengthen capacity among project and partner staff on gender equality, positive youth development and social inclusion principles, mainstreaming, and transformative programming
- Ensure gender, positive youth development, and social inclusion are integrated into project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of GYSD integration across all project components and at all levels
- Conduct a gender and social inclusion (GESI) analysis
- Create a project GESI action plan, with GESI-related indicators, based on the initial GESI analysis findings. Facilitate annual review and update as needed the GESI action plan
- Conduct GESI trainings for all project staff
- Work with partners to assess, build, and implement GESI capacity building action plans as needed
- Develop or adapt tools, frameworks, and resources to enable better gender integration in the project
- Track and report against gender indicators and ensure data is disaggregated by sex and age to analyze results within each domain
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the project’s gender equality, positive youth development, and social inclusion programming, successes, and lessons learned
- 5-8 years of field experience at the community level is required;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant subject area, preferably in gender, social work, public health, international development, or sociology, is required
- In-depth understanding of gender, age, and other locally significant socio-cultural factors, such as disability, in the context of food security programming;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources;
- Strong understanding of Do No Harm principles, gender mainstreaming and gender equality and social inclusion principles and methodologies, including disability inclusion;
- Experience conducting gender and social inclusion analysis, assessments, and training;
- Experience in participatory learning and action and facilitating collaborative problem-solving;
- In-depth understanding of food security and livelihoods programming
- Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among project staff and in-country actors to ensure gender and youth integration and empowerment
- Demonstrated ability to ensure gender and social inclusion integration in project design, implementation, and M&E;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit their vision to partners and colleagues;
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive terrain and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, knowledge of local languages preferred;
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in Microsoft Office).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) - is looking for M&E AssistantGutu, Zimbabwe 12 Dec, 2018
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) - is looking for Community Systems Strengthening OfficerMutare, Zimbabwe 12 Dec, 2018