In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Expected Salary Range: USD1,212 – 1,576
In anticipation of funding, International Rescue Committee, Zimbabwe is recruiting for the position of Finance Officer based in Chipinge. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2008, the IRC has provided life-saving services to vulnerable local communities in Zimbabwe. In Zimbabwe, the IRC implements programs in the areas of; Economic Recovery and Development (ERD), Women Protection and Empowerment, Water, Health and Sanitation (WASH) and Capacity Building.
Scope of Work
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with IRC and Zimbabwe office policy and procedures for the field office reporting to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of the accounting department;
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems;
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines;
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month;
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up;
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness;
- Act as the Budget vs Actual (BvA) System Administrator for the Field office;
- Preparation of Bank and Cash Reconciliation for field office on a monthly basis;
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues;
- Compile monthly VAT refund schedules;
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty;
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, any outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery;
- Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately;
- Review of financial data submitted by the IRC’s Partners to identify weaknesses or problems being encountered and recommend corrective action.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
- Procurement Duties: Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval; Completing finance roles on the BvA System timely to complete the procurement cycle.
- Finance/Budgeting: Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice;
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding;
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues;
- Receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence;
- Produce monthly and quarterly management reports to be reviewed by Senior Finance Manager;
- Assist in budget preparation at the field level;
- Assist program staff and Senior Finance Manager to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments;
- Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- You will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience;
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Comfortable making decisions;
- Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skill
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) - is looking for Social Worker X2Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 13 May, 2019