In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position which has arisen in the Facilities Department.
The company is looking for a professional who would oversee the Zimbabwe International Exhibition Centre facilities, assets and personnel through ensuring the smooth running of operations by fulfilling the following:
• Responsible for strategic planning and day to day operations particularly in relation to buildings and premises, plumbing, systems, electrical systems, alarm systems, landscaping and parking areas.
• Advising senior management on the most appropriate strategies to adopt in the development and expansion of the facility.
• Liaising with external organisations and relevant authorities on matters of physical planning, building and construction.
• Organising and control of all maintenance and general upkeep of buildings, security, plumbing, electrical, water reticulation system, roads etc.
• Regular inspection of buildings and determining if repairs are needed.
• Supervising renovations and additions.
• Overseeing grounds maintenance and landscaping.
• Performing facility plant equipment, obsolescent planning, budgeting and replacement.
• Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects.
• Managing, directing and monitoring all projects carried out within facility.
• Negotiating contracts and coordinating service providers.
• Ensuring facilities meet legal guidelines and health and safety requirements of Zimbabwe.
• Managing the company’s security and access control system.
• Managing the department’s budget and ensuring facility costs are kept to a minimum.
• Monitoring the company Master Plan and ensuring properly approved plans are followed.
• Planning and executing various event programmes for the company.
• Directing a variety of multi-disciplined staff working on concurrent projects.
• Purchasing and maintaining an inventory system of materials and spares for buildings, infrastructure and general maintenance.
• Keeping abreast with current developments in the field and having a more strategic role in planning, researching, and developing new ideas.
• A relevant degree especially in the areas of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Management, Interior or Technical Design or related fields.
• An MBA and a certificate in occupational safety would be added advantages
• At least five years working experience in a similar position.
• Specific post-graduate training in facilities management would be an added advantage.
• Proven track record in dealing with statutory bodies like NSSA, EMA, ZERA and other relevant regulatory authorities
• Comprehensive knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance programmes and procedures.
• Attention to detail.
• Project Management skills.
• Highly computer literate
• Excellent communication skills and team working skills to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people.
• Ability to work with budgets and to deadlines.
• Analytical thinking, flexibility and good problem-solving skills.
• Prepared to occasionally work long and odd hours.