In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Emergency Response Project Officer
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an International Christian Development organization committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world while ensuring that project beneficiaries, including children are safeguarded. The organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Emergency Response Officer who will work directly with and report to the Programme Manager and is passionate about Disability Inclusive Development (DID). The Emergency Response Officer will lead in the day to day coordination required for smooth implementation of various relief activities in areas affected by Cyclone Idai.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate CBM supported relief activities in disaster affected areas;
- Provide guidance to partner/s on planning and implementation of emergency project response initiatives;
- Ensure all CBM Zimbabwe emergency response initiatives are in line with humanitarian principles and standards;
- Liaise with other stakeholders and provide timely information on developments that affect emergency response initiatives in disaster affected areas;
- Advocate for disability inclusive approaches among project partners and stakeholders involved in humanitarian assistance in disaster affected areas;
- Implement and support implementation of disability inclusive initiatives in CBM supported emergency response projects;
- Report and ensure reporting on humanitarian issues arising as a result of project activities;
- Ensure efficient and effective communication with co-workers, partners and other stakeholders;
- Establish networks with relevant stakeholders to support project delivery;
- Develop project reports as required;
- Manage project resources in accordance with good practices and set standards;
- Review project narrative, financial and statistical reports submitted by implementing partner/s;
- Ensure appropriate and ethical documentation of project activities and outcomes in line with CBM guidelines;
- Provide any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in disaster management, social sciences or related field;
- Specialized training in disaster risk reduction and management highly desirable.
Experience, skills and competencies
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in project implementation in a post-disaster context or emergency response
- Experience in working with Disabled People’s Organisations highly desirable;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Good understanding of government disaster risk reduction structures, legislation and related regulations;
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills;
- Ability to work in high pressure situations with minimum supervision;
- Results oriented
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter highlighting how they meet the above criteria to email@example.com The cover letter should include: earliest date of availability and expected gross salary. The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.