Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
The selected candidates will be based at WFP duty stations in Harare, Bulawayo; Masvingo or Mutare.
Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Transport Manager or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, any other type of land transport. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Driving assignments are carried out safely, efficiently and on time;
- Good judgement is used in planning routes;
- Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals;
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
Critical Success Factors Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alertness; physical fitness on duty, emotional stability, neat and courteous. Good knowledge of the area and the current conditions of roads and highways. Ability to deal patiently, respectfully and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to read and understand specific vehicle operating manuals to ensure safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
Being able to drive different types of vehicles and driving in up country roads as well 4 X 4 driving knowledge
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Experience in the applications of software technology (use of MS Word and/or MS Excel).
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Applications should be submittded by the deadline date of 5 December 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Food Programme(WFP) - is looking for Logistics AssistantHarare, Zimbabwe 18 Dec, 2018
World Food Programme(WFP) - is looking for Supply Chain OfficerHarare,Zimbabwe 18 Dec, 2018
World Food Programme(WFP) - is looking for Monitoring AssistantZimbabwe 4 Jan, 2019
World Food Programme(WFP) - is looking for Logistics Associate SSAG -Harare WarehouseZimbabwe 29 Jan, 2019