In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
District Logistics Officer
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP), a leading local non-governmental organisation, is inviting suitably qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following vacancy under USAID-funded project “Amalima.” The project’s goal is to sustainably improve household food security and nutrition, using the following three strategic objectives: Household access to, and availability of, food improved; Community resilience to shocks improved; Nutrition and health among pregnant and lactating females, boys and girls under 2 years improved.
- Receiving and consolidating requirements from distribution and commodity movement plans and drawing up loading plans, from warehouses and stores;
- Communicating with secondary transporters and partners on all loading requirements, vehicle routes and delivery dates;
- Supervising the loading of trucks and ensuring smooth delivery to delivery points;
- Maintaining a status record of all commodity movements and loads/truck position all the time;
- Maintaining and updating transporters’ database;
- Conducting transporters’ evaluation;
- Producing a loading plan on a month basis;
- Producing weekly, monthly, and annual logistics status reports for submission to the Transport and Logistics Manager;
- Handling all transporters’ queries pertaining to invoices and payments;
- Participating in the adjudication process for the selection of secondary transporters when need arises;
- Ensuring that accurate and complete operations, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained in an orderly manner;
- Monitoring performance of the Warehouse Clerk, Commodity Distribution Assistants and Loaders;
- Ensuring adequate storage procedures are in place;
- Ensuring proper stacking of commodities;
- Ensuring commodities are protected from elements such as rain, humidity or heat, rodents etc;
- Ensuring controlled access to the warehouse
- Ensuring generators are serviced and well maintained;
- Producing a monthly motorbike status report;
- Conducting monthly commodity distribution monitoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write good reports, clearly and meet a deadline;
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor;
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques;
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency;
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data;
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Purchasing, CIPS qualification, Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, or equivalent;
- 2 years experience in warehouse management in an NGO setup;
- Demonstrated ability working with teams.