Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Director of Projects and Partnerships
URPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide oversight to major multiyear projects and strengthening partnerships with donors and other key stakeholders. To develop and operationalise systems that promote integration and ensure timely, and effective implementation of projects in pursuit of Child Well-Being. To oversee the implementation of systems and processes for the “Partner of Choice” program which is Part of Our Promise Strategic Initiative, for strengthening Field Offices’ positioning with a wide range of key external stakeholders, including donors, governments, the UN and other bilateral and multi-lateral organisations, civil society and the business community. Strengthen holistic, organisation-wide approach to establishing
impact-led, effective partnering. The new director of projects and partnerships will lead this initiative together with the program development director and Operations Director.
To spearhead external engagement in order to position the organisation to sustain and grow, to comply with donor requirements and meet their expectations and to influence and promote coordination with key stakeholders.
Ensure high quality project management and oversight:
- Provide strategic and operational oversight of major bilateral and multilateral projects, ensuring mechanisms and tools are in place for effective/accountable implementation of projects (start and end on time, on target, and within budget).
- Develop a culture of excellence with regards to the planning and implementation of projects, including periodic and targeted reviews of challenging projects to ensure completion and optimum expenditure rates.
- Spearhead coordination between departments to promote information sharing, joint planning, and problem solving, especially amongst DM, M&E, and Technical Advisors to support operational effectiveness.
- Facilitate the operational effectiveness process to update tools including flowcharts and RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted and informed) for the project cycle management process.
- Ensure that each new project conducts a start-up workshop lead by the Program Manager/Project Director/project lead and supported by the PD team. Ensure all involved staff have copies of approved program design (narrative, logframe, monitoring and evaluation plan, budget) and grant agreement and that they understand donor regulations, reporting and other requirements.
- Ensure the HR department is aware ahead of time which staff to recruit for upcoming projects.
- Ensure regular, positive, and productive communication with respective donor representatives, the field, and partners regarding the implementation of program activities.
- Ensure on time submission of high quality reports to donors.
- Monitor grant implementation and resource/fund utilization rates in conjunction with the Operations and Finance teams.
- Assist the field in accessing appropriate technical assistance for successful implementation of activities.
- Revise program documents as necessary and as requested and coordinate or complete approved grant amendments; Coordinate and/or submit grant amendments.
- Ensure sector advisors provide technical support to the Project Directors/ COPs and respond to technical support requests.
- Provide management support to project teams under his/her supervision.
- Strengthen the risk management on the portfolio touching on liquidity levels, audit implementations, recoveries from donors, & effective close outs.
Strengthen Partnerships and Engagement:
- Represent and coordinate WVSS at national (Juba) level coordination meetings with donors, stakeholders, INGOs, local organizations, and high level government officials. Provide updates on projects at coordination meetings. Provide key stakeholders with updates of meeting outcomes stakeholder priorities.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with major (government/private) donors during the project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and close-out including EU, ECHO, USAID, OFDA, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, GAC, DFID, Irish Aid, FAO, HPF and World Vision Support Offices, including hosting visits and responding to communication. Ensure that WVSS builds its reputation for integrity, expertise and reliability.
- Coordinate and lead the submission of multiyear bilateral and multi-lateral project reports to donors and support offices.
- Maintain WVSS master list of stakeholder contact information and update regularly.
- Lead the “partner of choice” initiative led by the GC team.
- Ensure PD staff actively participate in relevant national networks, clusters and coalitions.
- Ensure that WVSS is a thought leader in FSL and known for its health programming.
- Contribute to the development of communications and marketing materials.
- Create performance agreements with each direct reports, and conduct quarterly reviews and end of year performance appraisals.
- Provide guidance and direction to the team as required, and establish team cohesion and growth, including the organization of capacity building opportunities.
- Coach and mentor team in conducting assessments, setting personal development goals and providing ongoing support on tools and relevant training resources/material.
- Lead recruitment of qualified project management staff.
- Ensure the Human Resources department is aware about the staffing/recruitment plan.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 4 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018
World Vision International - is looking for Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Field Facilitator x 222 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for BEEF LIAISON OFFICER (1)Harare,Zimbabwe 23 Nov, 2018