In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Child Protection Specialist
The Child Protection Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Child Protection programme(s) and is responsible for the management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the child justice programme within the country programme. The Child Protection Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. H/She facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm, and to protect their rights to survival, development and well-being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/frameworks and UN intergovernmental bodies.
The Child Protection Specialist contributes to the achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of the key functions and accountabilities include:
- Support to programme/project development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Applying technical expertise
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment including sexual harassment and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNICEF - is looking for Education Officer (Education Development Fund)Harare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Programme AssistantHarare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
Unicef - is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation SpecialistZimbabwe 20 Dec, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Administration InternHarare,Zimbabwe 22 Apr, 2019
Unicef - is looking for Chief of CommunicationZimbabwe 22 Jun, 2019