YearBeyond Academic Programme 2023
Taken As It Is From YearBeyond
YeBo Academic Programme is designed as a catch-up intervention to assist learners (achieving code 2 to 4) in closing their foundational literacy and numeracy gaps. The goals of the programme include improving academic outcomes, progression rates and non-academic outcomes, and reducing dropout rates.
What will you do as a YeBoneer?
As a YeBoneer you will be trained to work with struggling Grade 3 and 4 learners in low- and no-fee schools. You will support the teacher during the day, as well as provide one on one paired reading support to the learners on the programme. After formal school hours, YeBoneers run a catch-up After School Programme that incorporates literacy, numeracy and homework support using Teaching at the Right Level principles.
The programme runs from Monday to Thursday (YeBoneers are typically on site from 8h00 to 16h00). On a Friday they do not go to schools but rather meet their mentor for reflection and training. Each YeBoneer works with a total of 20 learners, 10 learners per volunteer twice a week (1:10 YeBoneer to learner ratio).
Who should apply?
Youth between the ages of 18-25 years old.
If you live close to one of the areas listed below
Have a matric certificate
If you are are passionate about working with learners
Please note: Meeting the above criteria does not mean you will be automatically shortlisted. You must complete the full application and answer all the questions.
- Job Opportunities At City Of Gweru
- Strategy & Performance Internship At Cola-Cola
- Free Online Caregiving Courses Offered At Alison
- Colgate 2023 Finance Graduate Program
- Available Job Vacancies At Rural Electrification Agency
- Job Openings At Smarthr Solutions Zimbabwe
- Teaching Staff Vacancies At Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
- Job Vacancies At Gateway Construction