World Vision Job Careers For Graduates In Social Sciences/Agriculture /Developmental Studies or Any Related Field
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience the fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Job Title: Commodities Officers
The Commodities Officer is responsible for coordinating all programs in the district and ensuring compliance with Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines. The incumbent has the mandate to coordinate all relevant stakeholders and establish relations with key institutions, partners and structures at the district level to ensure a coherent strategy for program implementation. He coordinates district staff and makes sure that WVZ assets are being used properly according to the guiding policies. The CO is also responsible for linking food assistance programmes to other WVZ programmes being implemented by APs or other grants for the reasons of maximizing impact and greater reach. He/she shares consolidated reports with WFP, WVZ management and key stakeholders for decision-making and coordination.
- Coordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholders in the District in ensuring that food security and development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
- To coordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Zimbabwe Programs in the district to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources
- Assist Program Managers, Coordinators and district teams to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per program design.
- Developed partnerships with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholders in the District to ensure that food security and other development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
Budget Management and Reporting
- Prepare district budgets, expenditure analysis resources (financial and material) and staff management produce regular and timely progress reports regarding all food assistance Programs
- Managing district program budgets and ensuring that district operations adhere to budgetary limits whilst the programme meets the scope, quality and timeframe of implementation.
- Making sure proper tracking of the budget has been done to enable a healthy utilization of the budget without overspending or underspending on budget items.
- Lead and ensure the timely preparation and submission of the weekly/monthly to the donor and WVZ management.
- Ensure all relevant documentation of key documents, reports, statistics, key events and situations for future reference.
Community Liaison, Collaboration And Relations
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in the planning and development of relevant community-oriented and sustainable programs
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementation of appropriate training needs for district staff and local communities.
- Participate in any other job-related activities assigned by superiors.
- Participating in the district Food Security & Vulnerability Assessment surveys & report writing.
- Monitoring and evaluating all activities to ensure community and stakeholder participation.
- A Degree in Social Sciences/Agriculture /Developmental Studies or any related field
- At least 3years experience in community development, preferably in an NGO environment
- Proven organizational planning and managerial skills. The ability to lead and manage teams in potentially risky circumstances.
- Experience in food assistance programs is an advantage, with a range of assistance modalities including but not limited to In-kind, cash transfer, E-Voucher, Remittance-based transfers and others.
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Conversant in English.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
- Computer literate
- Ability to drive a must, with a clean class 4 Driver’s License
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
To apply Click HERE