World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP). Below are details about the program.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
*Graduate degree requirements:
For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by September 2022 or PhD before September 2023. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by September 2023. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
**Professional experience requirements:
For World Bank placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- YPs are offered five-year term contracts, the terms and conditions of which vary by institution.
- Candidates will be provided with further detail during the offer stage, in line with the most current policies of their respective hiring institution.
The WBG YPP offers Young Professionals a unique opportunity to work on the frontlines of international development. Candidates should be willing to relocate to field-based assignments, especially those supporting client countries experiencing Fragility, Conflict and Violence (FCV) and other challenging environments.
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
*Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.
**Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
For More Information:
You May Also Check:
- Fully Funded GEM Fellowship Program for Postgraduate Studies in USA
- Mastercard Foundation Graduate Internship Program 2022 for young Africans.
- Industries Offering the Best Salaries Right Out Of College
- Get To Know Binga And Breath Taking Places To Visit