University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 for study in South Africa (Fully Funded)
Applications for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at UCT for the 2023 academic year are now open.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants.
- Academically talented-value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- economically disadvantaged-facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- They are committed to giving back–investing in their communities, using their acquired skills and knowledge.
- Future leaders–are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university-going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How to Apply
- UCT opens its annual call for applications to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program between July and September. Apply for your place from July each year.
For More Information:
- Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Career
- Snap Inc Internship Programme 2023 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Get To Know Bikita And The Places To Visit
- Baker Hughes Internships for Students and Graduates
- International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship
- The University of Cape Town International and Refugee Scholarships 2023