UNCTAD Internship Program for Young African Graduates
The United Nations Conference for Trade and Development is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the UNCTAD Internship Program for Young Graduates who wish to develop their careers.
This internship opportunity at the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development is in Addis Ababa. UN interns must have a valid visa. Internship opportunities are for a maximum of six months.
Company/Organisation(s): UNCTAD, United Nation
Program Type: Graduate Internship Program
Program Location: United Nation
Program Duration: 6 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc
The internship programme is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Assist in organizing press conferences, briefings and meetings with member states, RECs, partners, parliamentarians, and stakeholders
- Assist in organising dissemination activities for UNCTAD’s research
- Assist in the preparation of news items and updating the social media accounts
- Undertake analysis of topical issues on the African continent which is related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in identifying updated and new relevant information, and research documents on issues related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in the preparation of briefing notes and workshop reports
- Attend and assist in summarizing conferences and meetings as necessary
- Assist in identifying initiatives and major meetings at Africa and regional levels, where UNCTAD can participate (with the UN, African Development Bank, Afriexim Bank, AfCFTA Secretariat)
- Update and improve the information contained in the office databases, perform internet-based research and catalogue information related to the work of UNCTAD;
- Assist with the maintenance of ROA’s electronic communications dispatched to stakeholders, including UNCTAD communications and outreach products
- Any other tasks assigned
To be eligible for UNCTAD Internship Program for Young Graduates, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be African
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Should be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes the willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations.
- Fluency in English is required for this internship. Knowledge of French is desirable
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
You May Also Apply:
- Tasmania Scholarship for African Students at University of Tasmania 2022
- German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) Scheme 2023 for young University Graduates
- Canada Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships International Students
- Research Council of Zimbabwe Human Capital Development Call for Scholarships
- Ban Ki-Moon Centre-Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) for African Women.