MINDS Scholarship Programme in Leadership Development for Africans 2022
Here is another chance for African students to pursue their dreams in education. Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) announces the MINDS Scholarship Programme for young leaders committed to facilitating greater cooperation between African countries in achieving the continent’s future success.
This programme is aimed to enable African students to study in an African country other than their home country.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship to be taken in: Africa
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
MINDS Scholarship Programme for Africans 2022 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the MINDS Scholarship Programme in Leadership Development:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time study of a one or two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions.
- Applicants must be individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the African continent, outside their home country.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from recognized universities required for admission into any of the MINDS preferred institutions.
- Applicants must be formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/requirements set out in the application form.
List of MINDS Preferred Institutions
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the MINDS Scholarship Programme in Leadership Development are to submit their application and ensure to attach the required documents in PDF format.
- A copy of the data/bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae/Resume not more than four pages.
- Two reference letters
Application Deadline: Not specified
- The MultiChoice Bursary Scheme 2022 for young South African Students
- The Mastercard Graduate Launch Program 2022
- HUB@Goethe Mentorship Programme 2022 for cultural and social start-ups