Graduate Recruitment Drive At Blenheim Chalcot : Apply Now
- Are you torn between the excitement of start-ups and the stability of corporate life?
- Are you keen to continue learning and developing skills whilst experiencing how to build businesses?
- Are you looking for a role that will offer the opportunity to experience first-hand how a tech company is built, and be supported while taking ownership of work that matters?
If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Get ready for an adventure as we launch the UK’s flagship graduate programme in South Africa. We are looking to hire high-energy, entrepreneurial, and value-adding graduate talent to join Blenheim Chalcot, a world leading digital venture builder. Blenheim Chalcot has businesses with offices across the globe in London, Tampa, Cape Town and Mumbai to name a few, offering a diverse and multicultural landscape for all employees to learn and grow within. As part of this role, you could have the opportunity to travel to our global offices, providing you with valuable exposure to diverse markets and cultures.
At Blenheim Chalcot, we invest more than just funds. We invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets – ventures we have built include ClearScore, Salary Finance, Modulr and the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Many of the companies within the portfolio have materialised from ideas conceived and launched by us, and we have over 4,000 employees to support their growth and development. Our assets under management stand at more than £1.8bn and total portfolio revenue is over £500 million.
We work closely with investment and strategic partners ranging from Paypal, FIS, L&G, Tencent, Experian, Google, WorldPay, Imperial College and some of the leading venture capital and private equity companies internationally.
Our central team, Venture Builder Services (VBS), exists to support our ventures to be successful quickly, sustainably and with access to the best practice tools, solutions, and expertise. We provide a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, growth (marketing and sales), talent, finance, legal and tax.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These include the British Asian Trust, BabyZone and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to these charities by being active board members and offering expert advice.
THE GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to launch our Graduate Programme. Joining Blenheim Chalcot as a Graduate you will gain hands on experience in a fast-paced and progressive environment, where you will support us in building our next generation of tech businesses. You will also embark on a unique learning programme, BC Adventurers, designed by our very own learning business, BC RedTeam, helping you develop and grow your entrepreneurial toolkit. This opportunity will kickstart your career working across a range of fields including product, strategy, marketing, and sales, within a pioneering industry.
For you as a graduate, this opportunity involves:
- Exposure to the BC portfolio – this role is unlike any other graduate programme. As a BC Graduate, you will be part of one of our portfolio businesses working across a variety of projects, gaining invaluable insights and tangible experience to develop your career within the industry.
- Exposure to a Global Workforce and Travel Opportunities – you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and global workforce, providing you with exposure to different cultures, perspectives, and ways of working.
- Training & Development – we pride ourselves on having an intentional and continuous learning and development culture at Blenheim Chalcot. Our L&D programmes focus on solving real business problems in the face of high uncertainty and rapid change. The training & development programme will help you develop fundamental hard and soft skills, improve strengths, and harness new capabilities. As such, your ability to impact venture success will be amplified by access to shared learnings from leaders across the portfolio, your peer group and the centrally located VBS team. You will learn by ‘doing’; the most effective approach to develop quickly.
- BC Adventurers – you will be enrolled on a 15-month intensive cross-portfolio development programme, designed for those early in their careers or new to the start-up world. The goal is to prepare you for high performance in a fast-paced and agile environment, whilst giving you a kick-start to your entrepreneurial journey. The programme includes live training on Achieving Product Market Fit, Strategic & Operational Excellence and Communication & Leadership. You will be given an opportunity to apply your learnings through a series of group activities and exercises.
- Graduate Community Programme – one of BC’s core values is collaboration. Upon joining, you will be welcomed onto a collaborative community programme, where you and your fellow graduate cohort will have monthly gatherings, initiatives, and socials. Alongside this, you will have access to a mentor from our Pioneer programme as well connected with previous graduate cohorts. This is designed to give you an opportunity to connect, learn from one another and gain exposure to the wider BC portfolio. You will get to know the BC culture, share learnings, solve problems together, live out the company values of being curious and generous with knowledge, and most importantly have fun while doing it!
- Accountability – in large corporates it can be easy for a graduate to be swallowed up and not actually see the impact of the work they are producing or feel like they are accountable for anything tangible. In our environment at BC, it is quite the opposite. Our graduates will be part of the team building a tech company and be supported whilst having the opportunity to take ownership of work that matters.
ARE YOU BC?
We are not expecting you to have worked in start-ups before or to have studied a tech related degree. For us, it is about hiring the right person and their potential, not just their experience. As such, we are looking for graduates from any discipline – different areas of expertise are great for new perspectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Undergraduate degree – in any discipline
- Curious – people in BC are inquisitive, they want to understand ‘why’ and consider if there is a better approach rather than take on the ‘it’s how we’ve always done it’ perspective. Given our ethos is all about disrupting industries with new methods and products, curiosity is at the heart of what we do.
- ‘Doers’ – surprisingly, this is not a given in a lot of working environments; we are a community of pro-active self-starters. We will provide full support to our graduates, though we do look for proactive people who can use their initiative and drive on a daily basis. Working in an environment where everyone has this trait is incredibly refreshing and we strive to maintain it.
- Flexible Mindset – working in a growth business environment is ambiguous, diverse and, at times, chaotic by definition. Being adaptable and recognising the importance of flexibility to add value in a constantly evolving company is vital for us.
- Enthusiasm – you do not need to be a ‘techy’ at heart to work in our environment. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about what digitalisation is doing to industries and a drive to work in a pioneering sector which represents that drive. A desire for doing new and challenging things makes coming into work a whole lot more fun.
- Humble & Sociable – building a tech start-up is never easy. As such, we have a ‘no-ego’ policy and seek out people who bring energy to a team, not drain it. We have a down-to-earth and personable culture; we solve complex problems but do not take ourselves too seriously and look to have fun whilst doing so.
If you see yourself in this and would like to work with similarly minded people, we would love to hear from you!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 21 days of paid holidays + your birthday off
APPLICATION & PROCESS
If you are keen to apply, please submit your CV and a member of our Talent Team will contact you with next steps. We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
We have a three-stage process that will consist of the following:
Stage 1: Telephone interview with a member of BC VBS team
Stage 2: Virtual assessment day, consisting of both individual and group activities
Stage 3: In-person final interviews at our offices in Cape Town
Blenheim Chalcot is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values, thus making it core to our business. We strive to maximise the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from everyone. We encourage diversity through perspective, background, identity, and thought whilst also fostering an environment where everyone can express themselves regardless of your race, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. We are committed to continuing to nurture an inclusive environment and building a diverse workforce.
To Apply Click HERE
- Compliance Specialist Needed At FAO
- Employment Opportunities In Sweden
- Academic Vacancies Available At Gwanda State University
- Job Opportunities Available At Proserve Consulting Group
- British Council Is Seeking A Planning and Scheduling Officer
- UNICEF Iraq Internship Programme in Baghdad Offers Valuable Opportunities
- Kickstart Your Career with Nokia Mobile Networks RBC MEA Trainee Program: Endless Opportunities for Fresh Graduates
- Open Vacancies At World Vision