The Most Useless Degrees To Be Avoided In Zimbabwe
There is a number of degrees that are useless in the current Zimbabwean economy. Some suggest that “it is not a degree that is useless but it’s the person who gets it that makes it useless.” Truth to be told in the current situation in Zimbabwe some degrees are useless. Students are just wasting money and their time which they can use on things which are productive.
As for now, the Zimbabwean economy does not need more job seekers, but employers. What our economy needs are people that will make sure there is more production and that the economy is up and running rather than looking for jobs that are not there, and these are the so-called entrepreneurs.
Here is the list of degrees that are flooding Zimbabwe’s informal sector
- Local Governance
- International studies
- Politics and Public Administration
- Industrial Relations
- Art History
These degrees in Zimbabwe are of less importance as they all duplicate with Human Resources. There are no organisations or companies which they suit in Zimbabwe or they are very few. 90% of the student who graduates in those areas are adding numbers into the informal sector as they end up being vendors.
Like India, Zimbabwe has become an economy that is driven by the informal sector. So there should be the introduction of more practical programs the will stir up our informal sector economy. So students should also get back into their real senses when choosing a program to do on the tertiary level.
Having in mind that the world outside there is informal it needs people to start their own businesses not to get employed by someone. No one in the informal sector economy will make their employees rich rather they will exploit them. Students should do much of hands-on programs.
Top 40 Most Marketable Courses in Zimbabwe
- Bachelor of Education
- BSc Honours in Civil Engineering
- BSc Honours in Electrical Engineering
- BSc Honours in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Honours in Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Honours in Geoinformatics and Surveying (HSV)
- BSc Honours in Mining Engineering (HME)
- Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree: (LLBS)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees (MBChB) 5 years
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) 5 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours (BPharm. Hons) 4 years
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences Honours Degree (HBMLS) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Occupational Therapy (BSc OT Hons) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Physiotherapy (BSc PT Hons) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Nursing Science (BSc N Hons) 4 years
- Bachelor of Health Education and Promotion (BSc HEP) 3 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Radiography (Diagnostic) (BSc HRD) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Radiography (Therapeutic) (BSc HRT) 4 years
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Economics
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Rural and Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Real Estate Management
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Statistics
- Bachelor of Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Land Economics
- Bachelor of Agriculture Economics
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Supplies & Management
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Criminology and Forensic Science
- Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery
With these programs, one can start his or her business if they fail to get employed.
*NB* Advertise all your Companies (big or Small) with iHarare jobs: contact us for more information… 0719553310
*NB* Get your old Cv transformed to modern Resume by iHarare Jobs experts. Contact iHarare Jobs on WhatsApp or call on 0719553310. Distance is not a problem as all are processed through social media platforms.