What Not To Include When Drafting A Curriculum Vitae
Many people still have the habit of writing everything on their curriculum vitae and that will be wrong as it limits your chances of being called for an interview. Recruiting managers receive an average of 200 CVs per position they post, according to iHarare.com. These recruiting guys do not have the time or resources to review each one closely, and spend approximately six seconds on their initial “fit/no fit” decision. So people should not make the CV long with unwanted information.
- An objective. It is so obvious that your objective is to get a job that is why you are applying
- Irrelevant work experience. Just include work experience that is related to job vacancy
- Personal staff. Do not include your marital status, religious preference, or Social Security number
- Hobbies. Nobody cares about one’s hobbies, so do not include them
- Achievements that are not exactly achievements: e.g Secondary School Team Captain is not an achievement relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Your physical description. A description about what you look like or even images of yourself should never be included on a CV
- Colourful text and creative fonts
No employer wants to have a staring match with your CV to try and figure out what it says. Nor do they want to have a potential seizure due to the colourful daze you have compiled in your information. Keep it simple and normal and stick to the pure facts. So there you have it. There is a general guide of what no to do when you are truly pursuing a job. It is all for the most part common sense, but sometimes common sense can be overlooked
*NB* Get your old Cv transformed to modern Resume by iHarare Jobs expects. Contact iHarare Jobs on WhatsApp or call on 0719553310. Distance is not a problem as all is processed through social media platforms.
Get more job-related stories
- Career Guidance Related To Zimbabwean Economic Nature
- Income Generating Projects To Do During Indefinite Lock-down
- How to Boost Your Job Chances
- Jobs That Are Paying Most In Zimbabwe
- This Is How Our Top Zimbabwean Universities Are Ranked In The World
- Best Universities In Zimbabwe That Offers Good And Quality Tertiary Education
- Difference Between A Resume And A Curriculum Vitae
- How To Write A Curriculum Vitae: Information Needed When Drafting A CV