Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Volunteer :Programs Manager
Deadline: 3 May 2019 (5pm)
Type of employment: Volunteer – 3 months
DPN is looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of a Programs Manager that has arisen. The incumbent will oversee the organization’s programming portfolio focusing on research, training, consultancy, programming and membership. It comprises of individuals and organizations involved in development work within different capacities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the National Coordinator, The Programs Manager is responsible for: planning, designing and implementing the programming and proactively monitoring;
- its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action;
- writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission;
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization;
- Developing business plans to generate income from various sources;
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization;
- Overseeing the programs portfolio and running projects implementation;
- managing the programming portfolio budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programming progresses;
- facilitating the appointment of individuals to projects;
- ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programming individual projects;
- managing third party contributions to the programming portfolio;
- managing communications with stakeholders;
- managing risks to the programming successful outcomes;
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor implementation of program activities and achievement of program objectives.
- Successful applicants must be a holder of bachelor’s degree in development studies or related fields and should have graduated from a recognised institute. The candidate should have prior experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Skills and Attributes
- The Programs Manager should have: effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- the ability to command respect and to create a sense of community among the members of the project teams;
- good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes;
- sound business case development and approvals skills;
- good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties;
- good knowledge of programme and project management methods;
- good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures;
- sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme;
- the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems