Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Temporary Communications Assistant
3 Norfolk Road, Mount Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe
Main purpose of job:
The Mission is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. Our communications effort is crucial to our work. We expect quality from our staff, but offer unrivalled learning and development opportunities. This jobholder will play a supporting role in coordinating our communication and public affairs activities, services and projects. This will include working with traditional media, as well as digital and social media.
Roles and responsibilities:
Social media monitoring, identifying breaking stories of interest to the UK and monitoring and reporting on impact of stories being pushed by the UK, responding in line with agreed script where necessary.Routine social media updates. Assisting with the drafting and publishing of interesting and topical updates for Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.Act as Embassy photographer, ensuring high quality images for use on social media and with the press.Support at Mission wide events, ensuring the communications aspects of events run by the Mission (including development programme launches, and public speaking or visits by senior officials) are handled professionally.
- social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) experience
- media or communications experience
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Harare are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Zimbabwe.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- HM Treasury has issued an instruction to Government departments employing staff overseas, where they are not liable to local tax, that their salaries should be abated by an equivalent amount. The British Embassy currently has not implemented this policy, however, reserves the right to do so in future.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Zimbabwe will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company