Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Social Media Manager – Volunteer
Note2etoN Choir is looking for a volunteer to manage its social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). The Social Media Manager volunteer works closely with Choir Committee to create engaging content for Note2etoN Choir’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
Interested in joining a dynamic choir?
- Looking to gain work experience and leave your mark?
- Do you have a flair for writing and take pride in your work?
- An innovative and creative team player?
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude?
- Able to work independently and take initiative?
If so, then read on………!
Technically Note2etoN is a choir but we do a lot of cool stuff like local and regional tours, singing at state, corporate and diplomatic events; and also participating in international competitions like the World Choir Games (yes we did and we got 2 silver medals) we also sing a lot of different and styles, languages and genres as you will hear from our upcoming album that we are releasing in 3 weeks’ time.
In 2020 we shall be travelling to Flanders, Belgium to represent Zimbabwe at the World Choir Games.
Your role will be to:
• help create, plan, manage and deliver a coherent social media strategy for Note2etoN Choir
• Write compelling content for our social media profiles that promote the activities and achievements of Note2etoN Choir
• Develop and manage content, brand awareness, generate inbound traffic
• Cultivate relationships with our audiences
• Keeping our social media channels updated on a frequent basis
• Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local and International stakeholders and diverse audience
• Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audience
• Take part in monthly meetings with committee members
• Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward
• Test content and review its impact
• Keeping up to date with Note2etoN Choir events and news, and choosing what to promote through our social media feeds
• Ability to develop publicity materials is an asset
• Visiting our rehearsal and studio recording sessions and attend our events with a view to writing articles about them
…..and any other duties as maybe assigned.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience, experiment with new ideas, unleash their creativity and shape the future of a choir.
The ideal candidate will
• Have an understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media
• Be passionate about and experienced with social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blogging) and how to use them to generate leads
• Be able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to feedback accurately
• Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
• Good understanding of confidentiality
• The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
• An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about the choir.
• Be passionate about music and the development of music knowledge and skills
• Eager to learn, passionate about ‘Learning’, self-motivated, able to work on own initiative with a “can-do” approach and a keen eye for detail
– Do you think you can help us achieve this?
What we offer
This is a volunteering role; however we will provide assistance to help you along the way:
• Full induction on our processes and ethos to get you started and make you comfortable with the role
• Regular meetings and support to enable you achieve your objective and feel confident in your role
• We will pay reasonable expenses arising from work related activities for example data bundles
• Help you develop your skills and gain experience
• Flexibility in working to fit around your schedule (home based)
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.