Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Senior Contracts Associate
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Receive and reviews supply requisitions and requests to ensure quality and adequacy of information, checks accuracy of specifications/Terms of Reference/Statement of Works, delivery dates, confirms availability of funds and obtain additional information from program sections when required. Monitor assigned requisitions to ensure completion of contracting/procurement actions in a timely manner.
2. Prepare/draft bid solicitation documents for contracting of services, requests for price quotations; and related correspondence for review/approval by the supervisor.
3. Distribute bid documents to the approved and listed suppliers, obtain quotations, and coordinate bid opening with the relevant bid opening unit; coordinate with the Technical Panel for technical review of offers received; compile price tabulation with price ratings and recommendations for contract/order placement; draft CRC submissions and related correspondence.
4. Based on approvals granted on the procurement decisions, drafts purchase order/contract documents and prepares Long Term Arrangements as necessary for supervisor’s signature; ensures distribution of signed purchase order/contract documents to all authorizing officials. Distributes to supplier(s) and ensure receipt of acknowledgement.
5. Pro-actively follows up on placed purchase orders/contracts and deliveries with all parties concerned in order to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods/services. Prepares and provides timely and regular status / monitoring reports to program/requisitioning sections. Ensure performance evaluation reports of suppliers is received from the program/requisitioning sections in a timely manner as stipulated in the purchase order/contract.
6. Assist in review and consolidation of the annual Supply Plan including updating and monitoring of requisitions against plan; proactively liaise with program/requisitioning sections on the plan and highlight any potential delays; expiring funds;
7. Maintains manual & automated procurement files & records according to UNICEF guidelines; maintains procurement/contracting supply & vendor reference database/library.
8. Prepare statistical information pertaining to, Supply Plan implementation rate, expiring contracts with opening balances, single source contracts and any other reports as required by the supervisor.
9. The incumbent will have access to VISION.
10. Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented with formal training (at university level) in any commercial subject, and courses in purchasing/contracting methods, supply chain management and logistics
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant working experience, preferably in a procurement/contracting function, or an administrative function in a commercial working environment
- Fluency in English and local language is required. Knowledge of another UN Official language is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are;
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that UNICEF does not charge a fee or require personal banking details at any stage of the recruitment process.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNICEF - is looking for Education Officer (Education Development Fund)Harare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Programme AssistantHarare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
Unicef - is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation SpecialistZimbabwe 20 Dec, 2018