Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Secretary and Administrative Assistant
COSPE is an international NGO with Headquarter in Italy and a local branch newly established in Zimbabwe (Harare).
For the management of the Inclusive Poultry Value Chain (IPVC) Development project, co-financed by the European Union (EU), in Zimbabwe, contract number FED/2018/403-186. The project has a budget of approximately 6 million Euros and a duration of 3 years (it has started on 1 February 2019). COSPE is the Team Leader of the consortium.
Duties and main responsibilities of the Secretary and Administrative assistant
- Legal and tax Issues: Collect information on national labour law and all legislation on administration related issues. Follow up on changes and new requirements and keep the Senior staff updated; Collect information on national tax law and all legislation. Follow up on changes and new requirements and keep the Senior staff updated; Ensure the comply with tax payment
- Accounting: Registering all the financial entries in the financial program (NPS) and sending periodical report to the Head Quarter for the projects Inclusive Poultry Value Chain (IPVC) Development and other co-financing projects implemented by Cospe in Zimbabwe;
- Management of COSPE bank current accounts, according to the internal procedures;
- Check bank statements and follow up of any problems linked to bank transactions;
- Support the Project Manager with monthly and yearly closing of books and with financial reporting to HQ and to donors;
- Participate in the audit process (internal/external);
- assist the auditors if needed;
- Ensure the correct bookkeeping, validity of the correct supporting documents and preparation of monthly administrative reports of COSPE expenses, bank reconciliations, registration of expenses in the NGO accounting system (NPS) and transmitting to COSPE HQ on bi-monthly basis.
- Logistic and Other tasks: File of all documents related to tasks described herein;
- Ensure that all files related to accounting and Human Resources are copied and originals prepared for any accounting submission;
- Write monthly reports of activities to be submitted to the Project Manager;
- Correspond with the local authorities for any coordination necessary to implement the project;
- Assist in preparation of agendas, minutes of meetings and make arrangements for different program related meetings;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes and circulate to stakeholders;
- Arrange for travel, hotel reservations and logistical support for Project Staff and stakeholders inside and outside Zimbabwe;
- Prepare, manage and closure of contracts of COSPE local staff, in compliance with the laws and regulations of Zimbabwe and according to the decision of the Country Rep., and supervision of compliance to the administrative procedures and to the code of ethics for the human resources’ management of the partners;
- Management of COSPE assets in the countries, including purchase, transfers and/or sale, under authorization of Country Rep., in compliance with the regulations of the country and the EU PRAG;
- Support Registration of COSPE in the country and regular update of any related financial and administrative obligations as envisaged by the national authorities, in compliance with the laws of the country and under authorization of the Country Representative.
- University Degree on relative field;
- Knowledge and experience of accounting management systems;
- Knowledge of administrative laws and regulations in Zimbabwe;
- Knowledge of Tax laws and regulations in Zimbabwe;
- Strong motivation to work in the non-profit sector;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools and applications in the accounting field;
- At least 3 years’ experience as administrator for cooperation development projects;
- Sharing of the COSPE mission, values, codes of conduct.
- Knowledge of the Italian language;
- Knowledge and use of data base;
- computer programming ability;
- Knowledge and use of quantitative and qualitative monitoring tools;
- Relevant attitudinal skills, especially proven teamwork and problem solving;
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Cooperation for Development (COSPE) - is looking for Animal NutritionistHarare, Zimbabwe 14 May, 2019
Cooperation for Development (COSPE) - is looking for Communication and Visibility Officer14 May, 2019
Cooperation for Development (COSPE) - is looking for DriverHarare, Zimbabwe 14 May, 2019