Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Public Engagement Specialist
Manages and coordinates the direction, administration, program development and execution, and operating environment of the American Center and a network of three American Corners (AC) in accordance to Mission goals. Develops and recommends strategic objectives and performance standards. Proactively develops outreach program to attract audiences and further U.S. policy goals. Coordinates programs within the AC network to maximize outreach and efficiently utilize resources. Maintains appropriate standards of professional staffing, customer service, physical environment, and branding, and ensures that resources are used for intended purposes. Monitors and evaluates the American Spaces progress and effectiveness.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Three years of progressively responsible experience as an administrator is required.
- At least one year of supervisory or team leader experience is required.
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean culture and customs required.
- Computer skills required in Microsoft Office suite (word processing, spreadsheet manipulation, Powerpoint), database entry and multimedia presentations.
- Must demonstrate applied knowledge of ethics, procedures, operations and protocols to ensure optimal quality control and performance standards in carrying out administrative duties.
- Correct English grammar, editing and writing skills a must.
- Facility with social media and internet/open source research required.
- Ability to think creatively, analyze and synthesize information so as to offer nuanced advice US officers and influence interlocuters required.
- Education Requirements:
- Must have a university degree obtained after at least 3 years’ full-time study (or the equivalent hours spread across a part-time study period).
- Degree in communications, library science, museum education, international affairs, American studies, marketing, information literacy or local equivalent is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV English language fluency and a high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Level III Good working knowledge of Shona or Ndebele is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong organization and interpersonal skills a must. Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs, multimedia skills and typing are required. Must be able to communicate effectively in person and virtually, in written and spoken form to adults, adolescents and children. Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced, dynamic setting with respect and humility is essential. Must be able to multi-task, plan, work, set priorities and accomplish administrative tasks independently.
This may be tested
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.