Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Support Officer
Summary of functions:
- Project Implementation
- Financial and procurement management
- Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Development and Planning
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Manage information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures
- Manage assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Project Manager on the implementation progress.
- Advise the Project Manager of any deviations from the plan and update plans.
- Work with Project manager to identify and manage risks.
Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Alert the Project Manager or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary
Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining the following:
i. Electronic Blue File,
ii. Procurement, HR and Finance files as required by Organizational Directive (OD) 12.
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data of the mission.
Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Support the coordination and management of communications.
- Liaise and build relationships with other United Nations (UN) agencies and international non-governmental organizations (I/NGOs) for the purposes of facilitating activities and improving the quality and relevance of information analysis.
- Participate in meetings with UN agencies, NGO’s and other Stakeholders as required.
Knowledge management and innovation
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Ensure that Local capacities are built at every level and opportunity for Project Support.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques
Development and Planning
- In conjunction with the PIU team, provides appropriate levels of programmatic management and administrative support to the Project Manager PIU regarding all ongoing project activities, while maintaining and implementing appropriate standards and best practices in line with UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Directly contribute to strategic oversight, advice and direction on programme and project management activities in line with service agreements and project documents.
- Ensure proper development, implementation and, as and when appropriate, amendments, of project budgets and staffing resources, ensuring synergies across the different implementing partners
- Develops and establishes resource tracking systems for use within the PIU, complementary to UNOPS’ online tools, to ensure effective planning, forecasting and tracking of delivery across the Programme
- Identifies, and anticipates in a timely manner, potential risks and issues and advises mitigating measures to the Project Manager PIU.
Impact of Results
The Project Support Officer directly impacts on achievement of project results by assisting the Project Manager to adhere to project management methods and strategies, reduced risks, cut costs and improved success rates. This consequently reinforces the visibility and image of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
- A Master’s Degree in Project Management, Finance, Business Administration or related field (e.g. International Relations) is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of at least 5 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects is desired.
- Previous experience of working within a Complex programme environment is an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of UNOPS’ project management tools, UNOPS financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tools, is essential.
- Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems is an Asset.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable. MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner) is an advantage.
Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Fluency in one or more additional UN official languages is an advantage.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural hazards and humanitarian crisis).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments
- Cope effectively with competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and non-negotiable deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager- PIU AFDBHarare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager-PIU -AFDBMutare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager- Community InfrastructureMutare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Finance AssistantZimbabwe 5 Jul, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Receptionist /Administrative AssistantZimbabwe 9 Jul, 2019