Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Manager-PIU -AFDB
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project and provides services to the different donors, partners and beneficiaries. He/she is expected to meet and exceed the organizations performance and delivery goals.
The PM reports to the Head of Programmes KEMC for operational project delivery and the Director KEMC for representation.
The PM is expected to be familiar with post disaster experience and be familiar with multi stakeholder environments and management. S/he would benefit from experience in humanitarian operations and must be familiar with infrastructure design and delivery. He/she is desired to have experience working with local communities, local contractors and be able to build and manage technical teams.
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client. Success of the Project(s) and hence Project Manager will be based on the Success Criteria of UNOPS engagements which are linked to the below responsibilities. The duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager Level 3 are similar to that of the Project Manager Level 4, with the difference in grades being determined by the project(s) level, complexity and level of responsibility of the specific position. A project manager at this level would normally be responsible for one or more UNOPS Level 3 project. A project manager at this level would likely be expected to manage one or more complex and risky projects. The project(s) would rely on a number of external suppliers for its successful delivery and would be working with firm deadlines. The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is required.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is preferred
- A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- Seven years (or more based on academic credentials) of experience in project development and management.
- At least 2 years managing complex infrastructure reconstruction projects is desired
- Experience working in UN development contexts is an advantage
- Experience working on Infrastructure projects is required
- Experience in Post Disaster contexts is desirable
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNOPS - is looking for Project Support OfficerZimbabwe 7 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager- PIU AFDBHarare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager- Community InfrastructureMutare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019