In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Project Management Advisor
The Southern African Power Pool (SAPP) was created in April 1995 through the SADC treaty to optimise the use of available electrical energy resources amongst the countries in the region and support one another during emergencies. The key objectives being to provide a forum for the development of a world class, robust, safe, efficient, reliable and stable interconnected electrical system in the southern African region as well as to increase power accessibility in rural communities. The SAPP has a clear vision to ensure that the SADC region is the region of choice for investments by energy intensive users, as well as to ensure sustainable energy development through sound economic, environmental and social practices.
SAPP intends to use grant financing from the World Bank under the AREP Program to hire a Project Management Advisor who will be reporting to the Chief Transactions Advisor and work with the Project Manager. The Project Management Advisor will be responsible for developing the priority projects in the SAPP pipeline.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, engineering or economics;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant energy sector/transaction experience in project management. Also, must show a track record of projects/investments in which he/she has been involved with high-level responsibility (related to project finance, negotiation, coordination, management, etc.); Experience of working in Africa is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage responsibilities within tight deadlines;
- Experience in the field of project finance, infrastructure finance, credit enhancement design; and transaction design experience for complex PPPs;
- Experience with PPPs and commercial deals in developing country context;
- Familiarity with best practices in infrastructure finance;
- Knowledge of contracts, bid processes, project design and the wide range of risk instruments.
- Recognized by peers and/or managers for providing high quality, pragmatic advice to senior officials and practitioners on PPPs;
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company